Facebook ties up with PayPal to collect ad revenueFebruary 19th, 2010 - 11:35 am ICT by IANS
Los Angeles, Feb 19 (IANS) Facebook and PayPal Thursday announced a tie-up to use PayPal as the way to pay for Facebook’s advertising and developer systems.
Facebook has currently over 400 million users worldwide, including 120 million in the US alone. Owned by eBay, PayPal is the online mode to pay for e-commerce transactions worldwide. It has 81 million accounts in 24 currencies around the world.
Under the tie-up, advertisers around the world will be able to use PayPal to pay for Facebook advertisements, PayPal said in a press release.
For businesses in areas where the payment process can be difficult and expensive, PayPal said its services will make it easier for advertisers to run campaigns on Facebook.
PayPal can also be used for the newly started Facebook Credits which aims to give (Facebook) users a fast and easy way
to buy virtual goods on Facebook, including items from the Facebook Gift Shop, the statement said.
“We want to give the people who use Facebook, as well as advertisers and developers, a fast and trusted way to pay across our service,” the statement quoted Dan Levy, director of payment operations at Facebook.
“As our business has grown, offering local methods of payment has become increasingly important for advertisers who
want to buy Facebook Ads. Teaming with PayPal, a global leader in online payments, makes this possible,” he said.
Osama Bedier, PayPal vice president (emerging technologies), added, “Put simply, PayPal’s business is payments. We make
it easier for customers to send and receive money online in 24 currencies and 190 markets around the world.
“We have always been an important part of the developer ecosystem on Facebook, and we’re excited to expand our relationship directly with Facebook to help grow advertisers’ and developers’ businesses.”
- FIEO ties up with eBay, PayPal to boost exports - Apr 12, 2012
- RBI permits PayPal exporters $3,000 per transaction - Oct 15, 2011
- PayPal to launch business in Russia - Aug 03, 2011
- PayPal launches partial services in Russia - Oct 14, 2011
- PayPal set to become global payment platform - Jul 25, 2009
- PayPal says it blocked WikiLeaks after U.S. government request - Dec 08, 2010
- Yahoo names new CEO (Lead) - Jan 05, 2012
- PayPal founder buys into New Zealand technology fund - Mar 22, 2012
- 152 mn 3G users in China - May 18, 2012
- How criminals use Facebook to commit crime - Dec 20, 2010
- Low-cost smartphones whet Indian appetite for mobile apps - Mar 04, 2012
- China's e-commerce giant hives off reward points service - Dec 20, 2011
- 3.2 percent of Indian GDP due to Internet: Google - Mar 16, 2012
- eBay fourth-quarter profit jumps 16 percent as Paypal and StubHub grow - Jan 21, 2010
- Specialised online stores hottest e-commerce start-ups: Survey - Jan 30, 2011
Tags: advertisements, advertisers, campaigns, commerce transactions, currencies around the world, dan levy, developers, ebay, ecosystem, emerging technologies, facebook, gift shop, global leader, money, payment operations, paypal, Press Release, relationship, ties, vice president