Facebook set to launch mobile phoneFebruary 11th, 2011 - 6:44 pm ICT by IANS
London, Feb 11 (IANS) After reaching heights of success, Facebook is now out with its phone for millions of users. A mobile phone manufacturer is set to launch the first Facebook phone.
INQ Mobile Friday revealed two new Android smartphones for the UK market that are designed expressly for 18/28-year-old Facebook users — the INQ Cloud Touch and the INQ Cloud Q.
Working closely with the team behind Facebook, London-based INQ has given the home screen a visual feed that lets users quickly access updates, pictures, videos, and other Facebook content, the Daily Mail reports.
The phones provide quick links to all the popular Facebook features, including chat, messages, wall postings and notifications.
Facebook messages and instant online chat facilities are what today’s generation now uses for communication.
Facebook Events replaces the traditional diary and lets people schedule events and sync these with Google Calendar, and instead of an address book there is simply a “friend list”.
“Writing on a [Facebook] wall is as easy as sending text messages,” says INQ’s co-founder Ken Johnstone.
Facebook Places is accessible directly from the homescreen, giving people the ability to use the feature to check in at stores, restaurants, clubs, and other spots.
- Now, Facebook launches its own phone - Feb 11, 2011
- Facebook smartphone to be 'released next year' - May 28, 2012
- Samsung unveils new Galaxy smartphone - May 04, 2012
- Now, group messaging apps on smartphones to connect 'real friends' - Mar 17, 2011
- Android, iOS power 85 percent of smartphones shipped - Aug 09, 2012
- Rumored Facebook Phones are Coming - Feb 16, 2011
- Internet firms spy on personal texts sent on smartphones - Feb 26, 2012
- LG Electronics launches new flagship smartphone - Sep 18, 2012
- Google opens online store for Android users - Feb 03, 2011
- Microsoft showcases next version of operating system - Mango - May 25, 2011
- Facebook is partnering with HTC for a Smartphone - Nov 22, 2011
- Sony unveils smart phones for upward mobile - May 24, 2012
- Mobile phone remote that can be worn on the wrist - Oct 03, 2010
- Firewalls can help hackers break into Facebook, Twitter - May 22, 2012
- Smartphone users reject apps over privacy issues - Sep 06, 2012
Tags: address book, co founder, daily mail, facebook, google, homescreen, inq, johnstone, london feb, mobile phone manufacturer, notifications, postings, reaching heights, restaurants, sending text messages, smartphones, sync, traditional diary