Experts see huge advertising potential in mobile phonesJune 13th, 2008 - 11:39 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, June 13 (IANS) Only a few months have passed since India overtook the US to become the number-two wireless network in the world. But already, this has opened up a huge potential for mobile telephony to be tapped as an advertising medium, experts at the “Mobile Conversation” conference, held in the capital Friday, said.
“Mobile as a medium instigates immediate response and should be a part of any multi-channel advertising campaign,” said Manoj Dawne, chief executive of Mauj - a mobile entertainment and advertising company.
“It holds the potential to not just complement but enhance the impact of any promotion,” Dawne added.
Gopala Krishnan, co-founder and head of corporate development of Mobile2win, identified SMS, voice, WAP (Wireless Application Protocol), native applications and gaming as some of the key platforms employed by marketers.
“These can be utilised in a stand-alone format or integrated, depending on the need of the client (advertiser) and the profile of the target audience,” Krishnan said.
Ajay Gupte from OnMobile and Sujai Srivastava, deputy general manager of Reliance Communication, stressed on SMS and WAP as advertising mediums, while Salil Bhargava, CEO of Jump Games, highlighted the advertising avenues on mobile games.
Srinivas Murthy of Coca-Cola presented the case study of the recent Sprite “Kholega Toh Bolega” campaign, which extensively utilised mobile advertising space.
“The response to the campaign was enormous. We have got about 1.7 million SMSs from our customers till date, which is by far the largest response for any consumer product initiative on the mobile till now,” Murthy said.
- Free ad service on voice calls unveiled in Karnataka - Jul 01, 2011
- Bharti Airtel forays into mobile advertising segment - May 27, 2012
- 141 mn people to use mobiles for payments: Gartner - Jul 21, 2011
- Mobile advertising perfect for small firms - Sep 11, 2011
- IMImobile partners with Krishcricket - Feb 03, 2011
- Reliance launches SMS based mobile conferencing (Lead) - Oct 26, 2010
- Pakistan bans mobile phones during official meetings - Jul 18, 2012
- Mobile phone firms go all out to woo other's customers - Jan 25, 2011
- It's now Facebook, Twitter, Youtube for candidates in local polls - Apr 06, 2012
- Now switch mobile phone operator, but keep your number (Roundup) - Jan 20, 2011
- MasterCard, C-SAM to jointly offer mobile wallet service - May 18, 2012
- Now SMS in local language with IMImobile's app - Sep 05, 2011
- Government should lift ban on bulk SMSes, says IAMAI - Aug 23, 2012
- Ban on some SMS services lifted in Kashmir - Dec 22, 2010
- Subscribers happy post-mobile number portability launch - Jan 20, 2011
Tags: advertising campaign, advertising company, advertising medium, advertising mediums, co founder, mobile advertising, mobile conversation, mobile entertainment, mobile games, mobile telephony, murthy, native applications, onmobile, product initiative, reliance communication, sms voice, smss, sprite, target audience, wireless application protocol