Einstein’s manuscript displayed at Shanghai expoMay 7th, 2010 - 9:44 am ICT by IANS
Beijing, May 7 (IANS) Two pages of the original manuscript of Albert Einstein’s landmark theory of relativity are on display at the Israeli pavilion in the Shanghai World Expo.
Israeli Minister of Finance Yuval Steinitz announced the display of the pages at a ceremony marking the Jewish state’s National Pavilion Day Thursday.
The two pages, selected from a total of 46, contains Einstein’s famous equation which describes the relationship between energy (E), mass (M) and the speed of light (C). The equation defines energy as the product of mass and speed of light squared.
The document represented the Jewish people’s great achievements in science and innovations, Steinitz was quoted as saying by Xinhua.
Einstein’s wife Elsa donated the 46-page manuscript to the Hebrew University during its opening in 1925, four years after he was awarded the Nobel Prize in Physics.
The minister explained the cooperation between Israel and China in the technology sector on the pattern of Einstein’s equation.
“Israel is a little country. We don’t have much E, energy of natural resources, we don’t have much M, mass production, but we have C, creativity and culture, and this is what we want to show to the Chinese people,” Steinitz said.
“China is a great nation with the advantage of E and M; we are expecting Chinese companies to notice the advantages and to put them together for future cooperation,” he added.
With the theme of “Innovation for Better Life,” the Israel pavilion consists of three zones: the Whispering Garden, the Hall of Light and the Hall of Innovations.
- Israel seeks closer education, tech ties with India - Dec 13, 2011
- Israeli minister demands air, sea blockade on Iran - Mar 06, 2012
- Einstein's manuscript on display in Israel - Mar 08, 2010
- Clinton's remarks on Israeli democracy spark lawmakers' ire - Dec 05, 2011
- Three-week festival of India in Israel - May 02, 2011
- Speed-of-light experiments give baffling result at Cern - Sep 23, 2011
- Majority of Israelis dissatisfied with Netanyahu - Aug 02, 2012
- 26/11 brings India, Israel closer - Nov 26, 2010
- Einstein's letters, documents go online - Mar 20, 2012
- Israel leaders misleading public on Iran: Ex-security chief - Apr 28, 2012
- Palestinian leaders agreed to define Israel as a Jewish state - Jan 25, 2011
- Supercomputer solves gamma-ray burst mystery - Apr 08, 2011
- Latest WikiLeaks cables reveal Israel's alliances and worst fears - Apr 08, 2011
- Only 27 remain, but Jews love Kolkata (Feature) - May 27, 2012
- Einstein starved his wife of sex? - Apr 30, 2012
Tags: albert einstein, chinese companies, cooperation between israel, hebrew university, israel pavilion, israeli minister, israeli pavilion, jewish state, light c, mass production, minister of finance, nobel prize in physics, page manuscript, shanghai world expo, speed of light, steinitz, technology sector, theory of relativity, xinhua, yuval