E-governance centre launched in IIT DelhiDecember 29th, 2008 - 5:42 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Dec 29 (IANS) IT solutions provider Sun Microsystems India and Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Delhi are launching an e-governance centre on the IIT campus here to focus on development of non-proprietary software.The Sun-IIT Delhi Centre of Excellence is an outcome of a memorandum of understanding (MoU) signed between the institute and the IT company in September 2006.
The centre has been set up with an objective of carrying out research in related areas of e-governance and educating the stakeholders, including senior government officials, defence officials and other people who are a part of the e-governance system.
“This centre is an apt platform to further the cause of open source and open standards, both of which are extremely relevant for the government and Sun’s expertise and propagation of these two areas are well-known,” said M.P. Gupta, a professor at IIT Delhi.
- India, Switzerland to cooperate in local governance - Dec 12, 2011
- Norwegian delegation to study decentralised governance - Jan 11, 2012
- India, Russia sign 29 agreements from defence to trade - Dec 22, 2010
- India, Switzerland ink deal for energy efficiency - Nov 10, 2011
- AMU signs MoU with Iran - Jan 29, 2012
- India to help Afghanistan develop tourism - May 27, 2011
- Canada's Carleton to have ties with IIT Mumbai, Jindal Global University - Feb 04, 2011
- ISB signs MoU to provide executive education in Middle East - May 17, 2012
- Gujarat varsity ties up with UN body - Jul 16, 2010
- MTNL inks pact with Welingkar to train talent for telecom industry - Sep 07, 2012
- India, Kuwait to cooperate on healthcare - Apr 23, 2012
- IGNOU to offer courses in warehousing, accounting - Aug 10, 2011
- ICAI inks pact with United Stock Exchange for training - Oct 07, 2010
- IGNOU-KVS sign MoU for teachers training - Mar 14, 2011
- AMU, Colombo varsity sign MoU - Apr 02, 2011
Tags: centre of excellence, defence officials, delhi centre, e governance, governance system, iit delhi, indian institute of technology, memorandum of understanding, proprietary software, sun microsystems