e-broadcast pilot project launched in GujaratMay 6th, 2011 - 12:41 am ICT by IANS
Gandhinagar, May 5 (IANS) In another e-governance initiative, Chief Minister Narendra Modi Thursday launched the ‘Gujarat Swarnim Gram E-Broadcast Project’ in Amreli.
“Initially implemented as ‘district pilot scheme’ in 51 villages of 11 talukas of Amreli district, it will soon cover all the 18,000 villages of the state,” Modi said.
Giving details of the project, the chief minister said that the government will put up huge LED screens at a public place in villages and will provide information of use to the rural folk literally at their doorsteps. These would include information pertaining to pro-people schemes, health services, up-to-date details of commodity rates and the like.
“Modern technology has been incorporated in the project and information will be disseminated within a span of just 60 seconds. The e-broadcast project is a revolutionary move to serve the village people with the power of information in 21st century,” Modi added.
Seeking to make a comparative statement, Modi said the central government has just recently announced plans to provide internet connectivity to 3,000 villages of the country in the current year’s budget while the Gujarat government has already set up a state-wide IT network years back. This, he said, shows how ahead Gujarat is compared to other states in using technology for development.
- Statewide primary school enrolment drive in Gujarat - Jun 16, 2010
- Iraqi delegation in Bangalore to study e-governance projects - Apr 21, 2011
- Now Delhi to spread information through SMS - Jul 23, 2011
- Gujarat seeks hike in centre's share in rural water supply - Aug 27, 2010
- UP to provide broadband service to all panchayats - Jul 31, 2012
- Northeast India's fifth software technology park in Tripura - May 28, 2012
- Three-year extension to criminal tracking network - Jun 14, 2012
- Gujarat to host Indo-Asian IT meet in 2011 - Mar 08, 2010
- Government sponsored scheme to aid e-governance in Panchayat bodies - Feb 26, 2010
- National e-governance meet begins Thursday in Maharashtra - Feb 09, 2011
- A clean, clutter-free BSF, courtesy intranet - Jun 19, 2012
- Hindustan Construction bags Rs.289 crore Gujarat project - Jan 03, 2012
- Obama connects with Rajasthan villagers to know about India's IT revolution - Nov 07, 2010
- Using lunch box to mobilise party - the Modi way - Aug 12, 2011
- Gujarat's power scheme bags award - May 20, 2010
Tags: broadcast project, central government, chief minister, commodity rates, district pilot, doorsteps, e broadcast, e governance, gandhinagar, governance initiative, gujarat government, health services, internet connectivity, led screens, modern technology, narendra modi, pilot project, pilot scheme, using technology, village people