Dubai to host global eco-friendly technology exhibitionMarch 3rd, 2010 - 9:02 am ICT by IANS
Dubai, March 3 (IANS) Dubai will host an international exhibition on eco-friendly technologies in the energy sector March 9-11, WAM news agency reported.
Dubai Electricity and Water Authority (DEWA) has announced this at a press conference.
The 12th Water Technology, Energy and Environment Exhibition (WETEX) 2010 will be organised at the Dubai International Convention and Exhibition Centre.
Companies from 23 countries will participate in the exhibition.
Saeed Mohammad Al Tayer, managing director of DEWA, said Tuesday: “Since its launch 12 years ago, WETEX has proved to be an important event on the annual calendar of companies working in the energy sector.”
WETEX 2010 will emphasise on the need to take steps to reduce emissions of greenhouse gases. It will discuss the phenomenon of climate change and rising global temperatures.
The exhibition will stress reduction of carbon dioxide emissions that has increased by 40 percent globally between 1990 and 2008. It will also discuss development of “green” technologies to mitigate global warming, Al Tayer said.
He said the exhibition attracts companies that are on the lookout for new eco-friendly technologies.
WETEX will facilitate industry experts and senior management executives in the water, energy and environment sectors to explore eco-friendly technologies, renewable energy sources and wastewater reuse.
He said about 490 companies from 23 countries will participate in the three-day event.
- Dubai Energy Council, CNBC sign pact - Mar 11, 2011
- UAE, Japan discuss energy cooperation - May 25, 2012
- Eco-friendly tires that save fuel - Mar 04, 2012
- Eco-friendly tyres that save fuel (Lead) - Mar 04, 2012
- 'Green toys' pull visitors to Delhi expo - Jul 01, 2012
- Eco-friendly tech expo opens in China - Nov 26, 2011
- Industrial scientists turn to 'greening' of jeans - Jun 20, 2012
- World Environment Day observed in Dubai - Jun 06, 2010
- US forges connect with India through green crafts - Apr 21, 2012
- Dubai workshop discuses energy security - Jun 23, 2010
- Kerala woos prospective investors from Karnataka - Jul 20, 2012
- Solar park launched in Dubai - Jan 09, 2012
- Dubai utility company promotes e-payment solutions - Jul 24, 2009
- International summit to discuss water resource management - Apr 12, 2011
- Amritsar joins pilgrim cities' pledge to go green - Nov 07, 2011
Tags: al tayer, annual calendar, carbon dioxide emissions, convention and exhibition centre, dewa, dubai international convention and exhibition centre, energy and environment, environment exhibition, environment sectors, friendly technologies, friendly technology, global temperatures, greenhouse gases, international exhibition, management executives, renewable energy sources, technology exhibition, wastewater reuse, water energy, water technology