DRDO ready for joint research with Indian auto playersOctober 3rd, 2008 - 7:11 pm ICT by IANS
Chennai Oct 3 (IANS) The Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) is ready to extend financial support to promote a common automotive research body to develop new products, said a top defence scientist. “World over technologies developed for defence use, later come to the usage of the masses. There are a lot of areas where DRDO and the domestic auto industry can work together,” P. Sivakumar, project director (Arjun), Combat Vehicles Research and Development Establishment said here Friday.
Speaking to reporters on the sidelines of a Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) conference on Automotive R&D Trends 2015, Sivakumar said the organisation has already mooted the idea to SAEINDIA - the engineering society for advanced mobility.
According to him, a separate research organisation could be floated in which auto industry players can be members.
“Today many hi-tech products - like sensors - that are fitted in Indian cars are imported. Such items can be developed by a common research body for the larger benefit of the auto industry,” he added.
- DRDO wins Thomson Reuters innovation award - Nov 17, 2011
- Indian defence research agency eyes robotic soldier, mule - Dec 11, 2011
- Electronic warfare technologies to be developed for police - Feb 22, 2012
- Maruti Suzuki unviels compact SUV - Jan 05, 2012
- South India now prime hub for auto components, say experts - Feb 08, 2011
- Indian industries awarded innovation awards - Nov 13, 2010
- 'Urbanisation, increasing demand challenge for auto sector' - Oct 06, 2011
- Defence tech to be showcased products at India-Africa meet - Oct 11, 2011
- India's defence research agency eyes export markets - Sep 12, 2010
- Anand Sharma to inaugurate India show in Ethiopia - May 18, 2011
- Nissan unveils multi-purpose vehicle Evalia - Jan 05, 2012
- Net deterioration in security environment: PM (Lead) - Jul 31, 2012
- Indonesia invites Indian investments in infrastructure - Jul 16, 2011
- Maruti Suzuki cars to cost more - Jan 05, 2012
- US firms to explore tie-ups with DRDO, HAL - Feb 08, 2011
Tags: automotive research, combat vehicles, confederation of indian industry, defence research, defence scientist, development establishment, development organisation, domestic auto industry, indian auto, indian cars