Does astrology boost your chances of a baby?January 21st, 2011 - 6:35 pm ICT by IANS
London, Jan 21 (IANS) After four miscarriages and six failed IVF treatments, Mandy Parry was so depressed that she wanted to die. But a consultation with a fertility astrologer finally fulfilled her dream of becoming a mother. “Mark and I had spent more than 50,000 pounds on treatments and we’d both taken second jobs to pay for them. All the heartbreak had made me profoundly depressed. At times, I wanted to die. The odds were so stacked against us,” Mandy said.
In the five years she and her husband Mark had been trying to conceive, Mandy tried spiritual healing, feng shui, acupuncture, organic diets and a host of herbal remedies.
Then, in a last attempt, Mandy consulted a fertility astrologer, the Daily Mail reports.
And now the couple is proud parents of eight-month-old Violet. And Mandy has no doubt it was astro-fertility that has helped to fulfil her dream of becoming a mother.
“Though I was sceptical, I was also desperate,” says Mandy. “I don’t even read my horoscope and Mark thought it was a complete waste of money. But when you want a baby as badly as I did, you will consider anything.
“Since Violet was born I feel intoxicated with happiness. I still can’t quite believe she’s here. All of my scepticism has melted away.”
Astro-fertility works on the assumption that there are only two or three times a year when a woman can become pregnant and go on to successfully give birth.
Those windows are particular to each woman based on her and her partner’s time and place of birth and the alignment of planets at those moments.
It is only when the position of those planets is replicated that a woman can conceive.
“It sounds like nonsense. But we’d exhausted all other options so I thought ‘Why not’,” says Mandy, a secondary school teacher.
- 'Going to a good astrologer is like going to a doctor' - Feb 10, 2010
- Gaga consults astrologers for world tour - Apr 17, 2012
- Triplets Born to 66 Year Old Woman in India - Jun 23, 2010
- 66-year-old gives birth to triplets in Haryana - Jun 13, 2010
- Klum unsure about marriage - Jul 05, 2012
- 66-year-old Indian woman gives birth to triplets - Jun 23, 2010
- Astrologers say Mulayam is king, Bejan Daruwalla differs - Mar 05, 2012
- New Zodiac Signs To Result In Changes In 2011 Predictions? - Jan 15, 2011
- Mexican woman with nine babies a fraud, say doctors - May 01, 2012
- Starting with 1.1.11 - 2011 will be year of peace, finance - Jan 01, 2011
- Becoming parents is greatest experience: Simpson - May 02, 2012
- Poll timing not good for nation's health: Astrologers - Mar 12, 2009
- Jennifer Aniston gets hooked to 'yogalosophy' - Jan 18, 2010
- Chinese woman poisons herself, three kids - Apr 01, 2012
- Hasselhoff wants to gift pub to girlfriend - May 27, 2012
Tags: alignment of planets, becoming a mother, daily mail, heartbreak, herbal remedies, horoscope, ivf treatments, jan 21, last attempt, london jan, mail reports, miscarriages, no doubt, place of birth, proud parents, scepticism, secondary school teacher, spiritual healing, time and place, waste of money