Dedicated navy, air force satellites by 2014April 30th, 2012 - 7:32 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, April 30 (IANS) India’s navy and air force will have dedicated communication satellites between 2012 and 2014, Defence Minister A.K. Antony told parliament Monday.
In written replies to questions, Antony said the naval satellite is planned to be launched in 2012-13, while the air force communication satellite is planned to be launched in 2013-14.
He also said that the tri-services defence communication network (DCN) is being progressed as per the defence procurement procedure.
The DCN envisages a network of optical fibre cables, satellite, earth stations and transportable and portable satellite terminals with high security features.
The design for these systems have features that enable conduct of simultaneous real- time networked operations from multiple sites to cater for contingencies and failures, as well as hardware redundancies for fail-safe operations
- Antony dedicates Air Force Network to the nation - Sep 14, 2010
- Additional $1.3 billion for defence communication network - May 09, 2012
- Coastal radar network by mid-2013, says minister - Aug 22, 2012
- Highlights of President Patil's speech - Mar 12, 2012
- IAF to have data network centricity in two years - Jan 22, 2010
- Antony warns of emerging threats from China, AfPak - Apr 24, 2012
- Information ministry to vacate 700 MHz spectrum: Sibal - Mar 05, 2012
- Nod for $4.5-bn military acquisitions (Second Lead) - Jun 22, 2012
- Nod for $1.9-bn defence procurement proposals (Lead) - Jun 22, 2012
- C-DOT transfers optical fibre technology to firms - Dec 05, 2011
- Cabinet approves National Electricity Fund (Lead) - Dec 13, 2011
- National broadband plan framework by fiscal end: Sibal - Jan 19, 2011
- Murdoch buys Dutch league rights - Aug 08, 2012
- India's military modernisation plans till 2027 approved (Lead) - Apr 03, 2012
- Over Rs.5,000 crore more approved for defence network - Jul 03, 2012
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,