Cyberspace abuzz with Dhoni, World Cup searchesApril 3rd, 2011 - 3:16 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, April 3 (IANS) India’s World Cup triumph against Sri Lanka has created ripples in the virtual world as well, with ‘World Cup 2011 photos’, ‘India world champions’, and ‘Dhoni family’ being the top three most searched terms in India Sunday morning, according to data by Google Trends.
The web facility, that ranks the most searched topics on the Internet, showed the cricket-related terms as the top three searches between Saturday 10 p.m. and Sunday 11 a.m.
Some of the other searched-for terms included ‘ICC World Cup rankings’, ‘Dhoni wife’, and ‘Poonam Pandey strip’, referring to the model who promised to shed her clothes if India won the Cup.
It was not just India, but the Men in Blue’s triumph echoed around the world as well. Google Trends data the US showed ‘World Cup’ and ‘Dhoni’ as the top two searched items till 1 p.m. Sunday.
Adding to the craze were netizens who uploaded videos of Dhoni’s match-winning sixer.
Video-sharing website Youtube has over 100 uploads of the video, viewed over 2.2 million (22 lakh) times.
“We have done it. I am so proud to be an Indian!” Sumit posted on the site.
- Ramdev creates ripples in cyberworld - Jun 05, 2011
- 36 hours of videos uploaded on YouTube every minute - Feb 16, 2011
- Games and Kalmadi dominate cyberspace - Oct 07, 2010
- Royal wedding tops Google search in Britain - Dec 15, 2011
- Hazare 2011's top newsmaker on Yahoo India - Dec 11, 2011
- We had started preparing one-and-a-half years ago: Dhoni - Apr 03, 2011
- Justin Bieber, Inception, Gulf oil spill are this year's top Twitter Trends - Dec 14, 2010
- 'Satyamev Jayate' grows more popular than Aamir! - May 14, 2012
- Google axes five products - Jul 04, 2012
- IPL to be shown live on YouTube - Jan 21, 2010
- Google told to get clearance for Bangalore street view - Jun 21, 2011
- Ganguly picks India World T20 favourites, Windies dark horses - Aug 28, 2012
- India's win triumph of substance over style: Pakistani daily - Apr 04, 2011
- 'Satyamev Jayate' first episode marks 90 mn viewership - May 16, 2012
- Pakistan may not be 'Pornistan' when searching online for sex, says Google - Jul 17, 2010
Tags: cricket, google, google trends, icc world cup, india world, men in blue, most searched terms, netizens, New Delhi, poonam, ripples, sumit, sunday morning, uploads, virtual world, web facility, world champions, world cup 2011, world cup triumph, youtube