College studies to go hi-tech in ChandigarhMarch 15th, 2010 - 6:10 pm ICT by IANS
Chandigarh, March 15 (IANS) Digital libraries, audio-visual presentations and films could soon be the new educational tools for students in 14 government and private colleges here as the authorities hope to take learning beyond the conventional textbook experience.
Apart from introduction of latest technology, the `Vision 2010 document’ of the higher education department, circulated among colleges, focuses on promoting learning through exposure to real-life situations.
“Our aim is to widen the awareness canvas and expose students to real-life situations. Vision 2010 document rolls out a road map for bringing various reforms in the college education,” Ajoy Sharma, Chandigarh’s director of higher education, said Monday.
“Our focus is on overall development of students. Student societies will be formed for promotion of environment awareness, preservation of heritage, community hygiene and sanitation, drug de-addiction, AIDS awareness, public health and gender equality in college campuses,” he said.
The document talks about improving infrastructure, proposes industry-community-based interaction, skill development and use of audio-visual aids, movies and documentaries for teaching in smart classrooms equipped with master CDs of eminent scholars.
“We will procure master CDs of eminent scholars in various disciplines. A digital library will be created in each department of the college. Besides, an effective feedback mechanism will be developed,” Sharma said.
- UAE launches 'Aviation Encyclopedia' - Feb 26, 2012
- Sony Music, YRF strike digital music rights deal - Aug 08, 2011
- Capital tales: Books get voices to reach more children - Jul 19, 2012
- Spain to offer movies to US libraries, universities - Nov 08, 2011
- He fought darkness to give reading solutions for blind (Feature, With images) - Aug 20, 2012
- Be disciplined, do social work: Patil tells students - Feb 08, 2012
- Chinese parents complain as kids get cassettes - Sep 12, 2012
- Pranab releases new renditions of national anthem - Aug 12, 2011
- Visually challenged teachers learn computers - Aug 04, 2011
- Haryana launches 'earn while you learn' scheme in colleges - Dec 01, 2011
- IGNOU to launch centre for disabled - Oct 16, 2011
- Nashik open university launches web radio - Sep 08, 2012
- Indo-Laotian cooperation in education, health and culture get a fresh boost - Sep 10, 2010
- Three firms keen to beef up apex court security - Mar 17, 2012
- CRPF organises seminar on education scenario in Kashmir - Dec 12, 2010
Tags: aids awareness, audio visual aids, audio visual presentations, college campuses, digital libraries, document talks, educational tools, eminent scholars, feedback mechanism, gender equality, heritage community, higher education department, hygiene and sanitation, life situations, master cds, private colleges, skill development, smart classrooms, student societies, vision 2010