‘Citigroup cannot dilute its stake in Polaris Software’November 20th, 2008 - 9:28 pm ICT by IANS
Chennai, Nov 20 (IANS) Banking software major Polaris Software Lab Ltd Thursday said Citigroup, which has 43 percent stake in the IT company, cannot sell its holdings unilaterally.Reacting to reports that Citi was in talks with some companies to dilute its stake in Polaris, company chairman and managing director Arun Jain told IANS: “Citigroup is a strategic investor in Polaris. As per our agreement, Citi cannot take decisions to dilute its investment without the prior approval of Polaris’ management.”
“We confirm that there has been no dialogue on this subject between Citi and Polaris,” he added.
Jain, however, refused to say whether the promoters of the company, who own 29.15 percent stake, have the “first right of refusal” to say ‘no’ if Citigroup decides to dilute its stake.
In normal cases, promoters will include the right of refusal clause while signing joint venture agreements with other firms. However, such clauses cannot be made applicable in the case a person or a company buys shares from secondary market.
- Polaris Software acquires US firm for $20 mn - Apr 27, 2011
- Citi may find it difficult to get buyers for its Polaris stake - Nov 22, 2008
- Citi cannot sell its Polaris stake to IT rivals - Dec 18, 2008
- Polaris Software proposes 90 percent dividend payout - Apr 28, 2011
- Polaris Software to invest Rs.350 mn for expansion - Dec 21, 2008
- Polaris picks up 51 percent stake in Indigo TX - Mar 26, 2010
- Nepal's Social Development Bank goes live with core banking software - Dec 09, 2011
- Citigroup earns $160 mn from reducing HDFC stake - Jun 14, 2011
- Polaris to acquire Laser Soft for Rs.52 crore - Oct 15, 2009
- Polaris Software eyes $100 mn revenue by 2016 - Aug 02, 2011
- Polaris launches new liquidity monitoring solution for banks - May 31, 2011
- CBI continues searches in Jagan, Emaar cases - Aug 19, 2011
- Laser Soft to expand international presence - Mar 03, 2010
- Proposed new insurance norms may adversely impact mergers - Jul 03, 2011
- India launches $2 billion infrastructure debt fund - Mar 05, 2012