Chinese President to attend nuclear security summit in USApril 1st, 2010 - 5:10 pm ICT by IANS
Beijing, April 1 (IANS) Chinese President Hu Jintao will attend the Nuclear Security Summit to be held April 12-13 in Washington, the foreign ministry said Thursday.
“China attaches importance to nuclear security, opposes nuclear proliferation and nuclear terrorism, and supports the relevant international cooperation,” foreign ministry spokesman Qin Gang told reporters here.
Leaders and representatives from over 40 countries and some regional and international organisations such as the European Union and the International Atomic Energy Agency will take part in the conference.
“We hope the summit will achieve a consensus by all countries on nuclear security and yield positive results,” Xinhua quoted Qin as saying.
After the conference, Hu will go to Brazil on a state visit to attend the second summit of the BRIC countries - Brazil, Russia, India and China - in Brasilia April 14 to 17, Qin said, adding that the President will also visit Venezuela and Chile April 17 and 18, respectively.
- Hu to attend Nuclear Security and BRICS summits, visit Cambodia - Mar 19, 2012
- Chinese President to attend Nuclear Security Summit in Washington - Apr 02, 2010
- Chinese President Hu Jintao arrives in Brasilia for BRIC summit - Apr 15, 2010
- Will continue to support Europe in crisis: China - Mar 21, 2012
- Manmohan Singh to leave for third BRICS Summit in China tomorrow - Apr 11, 2011
- Manmohan Singh meets Chinese President Hu Jintao - Apr 13, 2011
- BRICS to sign pacts for trade in local currencies - Mar 26, 2012
- Medvedev to attend nuclear security summit in US - Apr 05, 2010
- BRICS leaders issue Sanya Declaration - Apr 14, 2011
- Hu in India Wednesday: trade imbalance, cultural ties on agenda - Mar 27, 2012
- Manmohan Singh wants nuclear summit to focus on terrorism, proliferation - Apr 09, 2010
- BRICS Summit - Facts at a glance - Mar 28, 2012
- India important stakeholder in addressing n-security: PM - Apr 09, 2010
- Medvedev heads off for Seoul, Delhi - Mar 26, 2012
- PM leaves for US, Brazil - Apr 10, 2010
Tags: april 1, april 14, atomic energy agency, brasilia, bric countries, chinese president hu, chinese president hu jintao, foreign ministry spokesman, hu jintao, international atomic energy, international atomic energy agency, international cooperation, international organisations, nuclear proliferation, nuclear security, nuclear terrorism, president hu jintao, qin, security summit, xinhua