China’s software industry slowsJuly 30th, 2012 - 4:30 pm ICT by IANS
Beijing, July 30 (IANS) China’s software industry grew at a slower pace in the first half of the year amid the economic slowdown both at home and abroad, China Daily reported Monday.
According to the ministry of industry and IT, the sector’s combined profits totaled 117 billion yuan ($18 billion) in the first half, up 10.6 percent from one year earlier.
But the pace of growth slowed from 35.2-percent surge in the same period last year, the ministry said.
Business revenue climbed 26.2 percent year-on-year to 1.1 trillion yuan in the January-June period, down 3.1 percentage points than the growth in the same period last year.
In the first six months, the sector’s exports rose 11.7 percent to $16.24 billion, 6 percentage points lower from the same period last year.
Analysts attributed the industry’s slower growth to intensifying competition and weak external demand.
- China's Q2 GDP growth slows (Lead) - Jul 13, 2012
- China's fiscal revenue up - Mar 12, 2012
- South Korea's IT exports contract - Jul 10, 2012
- China's petrochemical sector growth slows - Apr 30, 2012
- China's crude steel output went up in 2011 - Jan 23, 2012
- China's industrial profit goes up in 2011 - Feb 03, 2012
- China's steel output up in first three quarters - Oct 22, 2011
- China's 2011 GDP growth revised upward - Sep 05, 2012
- China's mobile phone users exceed 940 mn - Sep 26, 2011
- China's industrial profit goes up in 2011 (Lead) - Feb 03, 2012
- Chinese aviation industry profits shrink - May 08, 2012
- China's industrial output up 13.3 percent in November - Dec 11, 2010
- Industrial profits growth slows in China - Dec 27, 2011
- China's urban fixed-asset investment up 24.9 percent - Dec 11, 2010
- China's slowdown hurts corporate profits - Aug 19, 2012