China’s G’Five to launch 3G tablets at Rs.10,000 by June-endMay 24th, 2011 - 9:41 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, May 24 (IANS) Chinese mobile handset maker G’Five Mobiles Tuesday said it will launch its range of third generation (3G) enabled Android and Windows based tablet computing device in India for less than Rs.10,000 by June-end.
“G’Five plans to launch its range of tablet computing devices in Indian market by the end of this business quarter which is end of Jun, 2011. Our business philosophy is to make technology affordable to the common people,” Arshit Pathak, managing director of Kingtech Electronics India Private Ltd, a group company of G’Five International, told IANS.
“Both the Android and Windows-based tablet computing devices shall be launched in India. The two android models shall be introduced in sizes of 7 inches and 10 inches. The Windows model shall be 10 inches in size. These shall be WiFi and 3G powered and the price range will be below Rs.10,000, shattering the price barrier once again,” he added.
Today, the company has presence in 45,000 retail outlets across the country along with over 500 direct service centres across the country.
“G’Five has ambitious plans for launching other consumer electronic products in 2011 as well including tablet computing devices, net books, laptops, music boxes, digital photo frames etc,” the company said in a statement.
It is also seeking more channel partners across the country including tier II and tier III cities part from tying up with retail operators especially large format retail who have chain of stores across the country.
In the recent International Data Corporation (IDC) report - IDC’s India Quarterly Mobile Handsets Tracker, 3Q, 2010, the company was ranked as the second largest selling mobile phone brand in India afer Nokia, replacing Samsung at the second spot.
PC maker Apple recently launched Apple iPad 2 with wi-fi at a starting range of Rs.29,500 for 16 GB model while a wi-fi and 3G enabled one for Rs.36,900 for 16 GB model.
- Apple iPad 2 hits Indian market - Apr 29, 2011
- Hyundai to launch tablet production in Russia - Jul 13, 2012
- Motorola XOOM tablet launched in India - Jun 28, 2011
- Beetel launches Rs.9,999 tablet in India - Aug 17, 2011
- Apple's new iPad launched in India - Apr 27, 2012
- Applications key as tablets flood Indian market - Aug 25, 2011
- RIM launches its BlackBerry PlayBook tablet in India - Jun 22, 2011
- G'Five to launch low cost 3G enabled mobile phones - Jan 05, 2011
- HP Unveils TouchPad To Take On Rival Tablets - Feb 10, 2011
- A look at three low-cost tablets (To go with tablet market story) - Aug 12, 2012
- My Touch 4G From T-Mobile Lands Today - Nov 05, 2010
- US retailer launches tablet for kids - Sep 11, 2012
- iberry to launch low cost 3G tablet in July - Jun 27, 2012
- Samsung launches smart TV for Indian market - Mar 18, 2012
- Huawei eyes 15 percent market share in handset sales by 2015 - Jun 08, 2011
Tags: 3q, afer, ambitious plans, android, apple ipad, business philosophy, business quarter, channel partners, common people, consumer electronic products, digital photo frames, group company, kingtech, mobile handset, mobile handsets, music boxes, price barrier, private ltd, retail operators, tier ii