China’s first bank for technological innovation opensAugust 16th, 2012 - 2:08 pm ICT by IANS
Shanghai, Aug 16 (IANS) China’s first bank for technological innovation, a result of joint investment by Shanghai Pudong Development Bank (SPDB) and America’s Silicon Valley Bank (SVB), opened here Wednesday.
With a one-billion-yuan (about $157 million) investment, and each side holding 50 percent of shares, the SPD Silicon Valley Bank is the first joint venture bank since 1997 to get authorization by the country’s Banking Regulatory Commission, reported Xinhua.
Yu Zhengsheng, a member of the Political Bureau of the Communist Party of China (CPC) Central Committee, inaugurated the bank Wednesday.
The facility combines Shanghai’s excellent financial resources and overseas financial services, said Tu Guangshao, vice mayor of Shanghai.
The SPD Silicon Valley Bank will mainly focus on business in Shanghai and then explore more high-tech cities in China, said Fu, emphasizing its offering of services for innovative enterprises.
Shanghai Pudong Development Bank, a nationwide joint-stock commercial bank, founded in 1992, now has a registered capital of 18.653 billion yuan.
Silicon Valley Bank, founded in 1983 and headquartered in Santa Clara, California, serves clients around the world through 27 US offices and three international operations.
- Shanghai Disneyland construction begins - Apr 08, 2011
- Shanghai targets 70 percent revenue increase from Tourism Industry by 2015 - Feb 18, 2011
- UAE business team visits Shanghai - Apr 01, 2012
- Shanghai - a city with 132,000 millionaires - May 13, 2011
- China issues coins on 90th anniversary of CPC (Lead) - Jun 17, 2011
- $77 million embezzled from Beijing-Shanghai high-speed rail project - Mar 19, 2012
- Bank of China to open Taiwan branch - Jun 13, 2012
- Incense stick sold for over one mn yuan - Mar 07, 2011
- Chinese banks post record profits - Feb 19, 2012
- China cuts railway budget - Dec 24, 2011
- Pakistan, China ink currency swap deal - Dec 24, 2011
- Chinese court solves relationship riddle - Apr 01, 2011
- China to build five-star toilet - Jul 23, 2012
- Chinese swindles over $474,000 with bank passwords - May 21, 2012
- China unveils list of top 500 companies - Sep 04, 2011
Tags: cities in china, communist party of china, cpc central committee, financial resources, innovative enterprises, international operations, joint stock, one billion, pudong development bank, regulatory commission, santa clara california, shanghai pudong development bank, silicon valley, silicon valley bank, silicon valley bank svb, spdb, technological innovation, venture bank, vice mayor, xinhua