China unveils its own bullet trainApril 11th, 2008 - 5:57 pm ICT by admin
Beijing, April 11 (Xinhua) China’s first bullet train that can reach a top speed of 350 km per hour rolled off the production line Friday. The high-speed passenger train is the latest in the China Railway High-speed (CRH) Series. It was manufactured by China Northern Locomotive and the Rolling Stock Industry Corp.
The eight-carriage train can accommodate 557 passengers. Three such trains would begin service on the new 120-km Beijing-Tianjin route before the Olympics starts in August, the manufacturers said.
In all, 57 bullet trains were expected to be in commercial operation by the end of 2009.
- China's high-speed train sets new world record - Sep 29, 2010
- China lowers speed limit of bullet trains - Aug 11, 2011
- China rolls out powerful locomotive - Mar 08, 2012
- Chinese firm exports high-speed train parts to Europe - Aug 10, 2012
- China unveils its fastest train - Apr 12, 2008
- Fastest train in China rolls out - May 27, 2010
- 54 high-speed trains recalled in China - Aug 12, 2011
- China makes its own magnetic train - Jan 21, 2012
- Britain may go in for China's high-speed bullet trains - Feb 17, 2011
- China to open world's fastest rail line ahead of Olympics - Jul 30, 2008
- China's bullet train trip begins - Jun 30, 2011
- China to sell bullet train technology - Feb 02, 2011
- China, Myanmar plan high-speed rail link - Nov 22, 2010
- China to continue developing high speed trains - Mar 11, 2012
- China to double bullet trains production this year - Jan 29, 2010