China sees soaring smartphone marketSeptember 3rd, 2012 - 4:21 pm ICT by IANS
Beijing, Sep 3 (IANS) China’s smartphone market saw its sales volume soar to 38.19 million units in the second quarter, according to a report released Monday by market researcher Analysys International.
The figure represented a 22.5-percent increase compared with that of the previous quarter and a sharp rise of 127.1 percent over the corresponding period in 2011, reported Xinhua citing the report.
Nearly 67 million mobile phones were sold in China in the second quarter, the report said, representing a 1-percent decrease from the previous quarter and a 2-percent decrease from the corresponding period in 2011.
- Apple ousts Nokia as world's largest smartphone vendor - Jul 30, 2011
- Apple's market share growth pauses - Aug 15, 2012
- Android taking over the smartphone market - Mar 08, 2012
- India's mobile handsets sales cross 50 mn in Jan-March - Jul 03, 2012
- Tata Motors third quarter net profit up 40.47 percent - Feb 14, 2012
- Srei Infra's Q3 net slips by 51.8 percent - Feb 03, 2012
- Tea firm McLeod Russel's net profit dips 13 percent - Jan 31, 2012
- Exide Q1 net profit slips 7 percent (Lead, superseding earlier story) - Jul 16, 2012
- Exide Q1 net profit slips 7 percent - Jul 16, 2012
- Ford Q1 profit down 45 percent year on year - Apr 28, 2012
- China's Internet advertising rakes in $2 bn in Q3 - Nov 04, 2011
- Petronet LNG's second quarter profit up 8.65 percent - Oct 25, 2010
- Tata Motors Q2 consolidated net profit down 15.55 percent - Nov 14, 2011
- China sees imported wine market boom - Mar 28, 2012
- NALCO's Q1 net profit up 32 percent - Aug 13, 2011