China has 900 mn mobile phone usersMay 24th, 2011 - 6:55 pm ICT by IANS
Beijing, May 24 (IANS) China’s mobile phone users grew by 41.39 million in the first four months of 2011 to 900.39 million, nearly two-thirds of the country’s population, officials said Tuesday.
According to the ministry of industry and information technology (MIIT), the number of telephone subscribers exceeded 1.19 billion by the end of April, with the number of fixed-line subscribers dropping by 2.93 million to 291.45 million.
By the end of April, third generation (3G) mobile telecommunication users in China reached 67.57 million, 20.52 million more than that of the end of 2010, Xinhua reported quoting a posting on MIIT website Tuesday.
The number of broadband internet users increased by 9.58 million in the Jan-April period to 135.92 million, while the number of dial-up connection users dropped by 130,000 to 5.77 million.
China’s telecommunication industry reported a 9.4 percent growth year-on-year for the first four months to 308.36 billion yuan ($47.44 billion).
- China nearing billion-mark in mobile phone users - Aug 30, 2011
- China has 952 mn mobile phone users - Oct 28, 2011
- China's telecommunication sector revenue up - Feb 07, 2012
- A billion cellphone users in China! - Apr 20, 2012
- China has 1.06 bn mobile phone connections - Aug 28, 2012
- China records over 1 billion cell phone users - Mar 30, 2012
- China's phone users surpass 1.1 billion mark - Jun 29, 2010
- 152 mn 3G users in China - May 18, 2012
- China's phone users top 1.1 bn - Jun 29, 2010
- China has over 18 mn 3G users - Apr 23, 2010
- Chinese firm says its 3G subscribers top 36 mn - Dec 20, 2011
- Number of Chinese 3G users surpasses 50m - Feb 26, 2011
- China's mobile phone users exceed 940 mn - Sep 26, 2011
- China Mobile profits go up - Mar 16, 2012
- China has 1.13 bn phone users by August - Sep 25, 2010
Tags: beijing, china, connection users, dial up connection, four months, information technology, internet users, line subscribers, may 24, mobile phone users, mobile telecommunication, population, telecommunication industry, telecommunication users, telephone subscribers, third generation, two thirds, xinhua, yuan