China develops new method to test swine flu in pigsMay 4th, 2009 - 6:20 pm ICT by IANS
Beijing, May 4 (Xinhua) China has developed a new diagnostic method to test influenza A(H1N1) virus in pigs, the agriculture ministry said.
Officials said the new method can deliver test results within five hours.
The ministry had mobilised health experts to develop a new diagnostic method to test the virus, also known as swine flu, in minimum time in view of its outbreak in over a dozen country in Asia, Europe, South America and the US.
So far, 23 people have died and hundreds are affected by the deadly virus.
The method could also provide references for the virus in humans, the ministry said Sunday.
Meanwhile, the ministry has also urged the local health authorities to stockpile emergency materials in case of an outbreak of the disease in the country.
- Mexican swine flu outbreak kills 29, infects nearly 1,500 - Jan 28, 2012
- SMART biochip can speedily detect flu virus - Jun 11, 2012
- India prepared to deal with bird flu: Government - Aug 31, 2011
- '2009 swine flu pandemic won't return to Maharashtra' - Apr 04, 2012
- 30 more cases of swine flu in Delhi - Aug 12, 2010
- Young child among eleven H1N1 flu deaths in Jordan - Jan 23, 2011
- Woman dies of swine flu in Delhi, toll rises to 15 - Aug 13, 2010
- Key Facts about Swine Influenza (Swine Flu) - Apr 26, 2009
- Two die of swine flu in Delhi - Aug 20, 2010
- 21 more swine flu cases in Delhi - Aug 06, 2010
- WHO warns of bird flu resurgence - Nov 24, 2009
- 81 Mexicans die of swine flu - Feb 12, 2012
- 'No mutation of swine flu virus' - Apr 11, 2012
- US finds first case of swine flu in pigs - Oct 20, 2009
- Only one new swine flu case in India - Dec 24, 2010
Tags: agriculture ministry, asia europe, beijing, china, deadly virus, diagnostic method, flu, health authorities, health experts, influenza, local health, minimum time, outbreak, pigs, south america, swine flu, test results, xinhua