Chetal is new chief of IGCARMay 1st, 2011 - 3:50 am ICT by IANS
Kalpakkam (Tamil Nadu) April 30 (IANS) Distinguished Scientist S.C. Chetal Saturday took over as the director of Indira Gandhi Centre for Atomic Research (IGCAR), which is mandated with the task of designing fast breeder nuclear reactors.
He takes over from Baldev Raj who retired Saturday.
Prior to his elevation, Chetal, 62, was heading IGCAR’s reactor engineering group.
A mechanical engineering from Delhi College of Engineering, Chetal has been engaged in the reactor engineering since 1971.
Chetal is a recipient of the National Technology Award in 2000 from the Defence Research Development Organisation (DRDO) for significant contributions in the field of high purity titanium sponge production and the Indian Nuclear Society Award 2003 for contributions towards nuclear related high technology.
The International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) has issued him a letter of appreciation for his contribution in the fast breeder reactor engineering.
He will hold his new position for two years.
- Study needed before setting up new nuclear power parks: Scientist - May 01, 2011
- Fukushima disaster can't be cited to stop Kudankulam: Scientist - Sep 21, 2011
- India's first fast breeder reactor to go critical early 2013 - Jan 21, 2012
- India committed to fast breeder reactor programme - Oct 10, 2010
- India's fast breeder test reactor going strong at 25 - Oct 09, 2010
- India's first fast-breeder reactor to cost Rs.5,677 crore - Apr 30, 2011
- 86 percent work on Kalpakkam N-plant complete: Official - Apr 30, 2012
- IAEA chief Yukiya Amano to visit Mumbai, Kalpakkam - Jan 14, 2011
- India to work on 1,000MW fast-breeder reactors - Jan 27, 2010
- India draws roadmap to 1,000 MW fast breeder reactor design - Jan 29, 2010
- Madras Atomic Power Station to restart after shutdown - Aug 20, 2012
- Conference on strategic electronics at Hyderabad - Nov 23, 2011
- IGCAR to develop advanced boiler for coal- fired power plants - Sep 06, 2010
- On Chernobyl anniversary, experts confident about nuclear energy - Apr 26, 2011
- India takes first step towards ultra super-critical boilers - Jan 20, 2012
Tags: atomic energy agency, atomic research, defence research, delhi college of engineering, development organisation, drdo, fast breeder reactor, high purity, indira gandhi, indira gandhi centre, international atomic energy, international atomic energy agency, international atomic energy agency iaea, letter of appreciation, national technology, nuclear reactors, nuclear society, reactor engineering, tamil nadu, titanium sponge