Chandigarh gearing up for eRevolution 2008August 2nd, 2008 - 5:17 pm ICT by IANS
Chandigarh, Aug 2 (IANS) Leading young entrepreneurs and businessmen of the country will converge in Chandigarh Aug 7-8 to participate in the two-day mega IT event, eRevolution 2008. “Some of the famous young personalities, who recently made a big success in their business, will be sharing their experience and discussing future potential of IT growth in the city during this event,” a Chandigarh administration spokesman said Saturday.
Punjab Governor and Administrator of Chandigarh S.F. Rodrigues will inaugurate the event Aug 7. The event’s major objective is to promote the region as one of the most preferred destinations for investment by IT companies, said the spokesman.
The spokesman added that the National Association of Software and Services Companies (Nasscom), The Indus Entrepreneurs (TiE) and Software Technology Parks of India (STPI) are partnering with the state governments of Punjab and Haryana and Chandigarh administration to organise the fourth edition of eRevolution 2008.
NASSCOM chairman Ganesh Natrajan and president Som Mittal will address the inaugural session of the event. On the first day, AT Kearney’s principal consultant Mohit Rana will discuss the NASSCOM report, evaluating Chandigarh and neighbouring regions as favoured IT destinations.
“There will be an array of presentations on leadership insight and on how to engage youth by creating new trends and opportunities in IT industry,” the spokesman said.
The event will present Chandigarh as the most sought after information and communication technology (ICT) destination as well as encourage the entrepreneurship among the local businessman, he added.
- Chandigarh expecting big names at IT meet - Aug 25, 2009
- ICT key to combat climate change, say experts - Dec 22, 2011
- Bangalore IT trade fair to focus on innovation - Oct 04, 2011
- Chandigarh's software exports rise 600 percent in three years - Jul 11, 2008
- Software exports to grow in double digits: NASSCOM chief - Sep 03, 2009
- Connect 2011 to start in Chennai Dec 20 - Nov 28, 2011
- India's premier ICT event unveiled in tech hub - Oct 18, 2011
- IT industry lauds PM's move to review tax laws - Jul 30, 2012
- India's premier ICT event kicks off in tech hub Bangalore - Oct 28, 2010
- Kerala: Industry majors to support IT product start-ups village - Jul 23, 2012
- NASSCOM's 'Annual Product Conclave' kicks off in Bangalore - Nov 10, 2010
- Kalam call for material convergence through ICT, nano - Oct 19, 2011
- Som Mittal stays as Nasscom president till 2014 - Jun 25, 2012
- TiE announces awards for entrepreneurs - Aug 29, 2012
- TiE turning immigrants into millionaires - May 18, 2011
Tags: aug 2, businessmen, chandigarh administration, favoured, ganesh, haryana, inaugural session, indus entrepreneurs, information and communication technology, mittal, neighbouring regions, new trends, preferred destinations, principal consultant, punjab, rodrigues, software technology parks, state governments, stpi, young entrepreneurs