Centre set up to fight growing cyber crimesOctober 21st, 2008 - 6:28 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Oct 21 (IANS) Taking note of the rising cases of cyber crimes, the government has set up a Resource Centre for Cyber Forensics (RCCF) at the Centre for Development of Advanced Computing (CDAC) at Thiruvananthapuram, the Lok Sabha was informed Tuesday.The RCCF will develop a cyber forensics tool kit, carry out R&D in cyber forensics to meet the requirements of the law enforcement agencies and provide technical services including training to such agencies.
In a written reply in the Lok Sabha, Minister of State for Communications and IT Jyotiraditya M. Scindia said the government has introduced the Information Technology (Amendment) Bill, 2006 in parliament, which deals with, among other things, new forms of cyber crimes.
These include publishing of material containing sexually explicit acts in electronic form, ‘video voyeurism’, breach of confidentiality and leakage of data by service providers, he said.
They also include e-commerce frauds through impersonation commonly known as phishing, identity theft and offensive messages through communication service.
Scindia said the central government has developed several tools for cyber forensics, which includes disk forensics, network forensics and device forensics.
The government has been actively involved in providing support to law enforcement agencies in the analysis of cyber crime cases and over 200 cases have been submitted, he said.
- Checking cyber crime a high priority, says C-DAC - Nov 24, 2010
- Govt. favours cyber monitoring to track terror network - Jul 27, 2010
- Over 380 phishing incidents from January to October - Nov 25, 2011
- Phishing websites pocket $3 billion in China - Jan 15, 2011
- India offers to develop Botswana's rail network - Sep 20, 2011
- Over 130 government Web sites hacked during January-March 2012 - Apr 25, 2012
- Scindia kin ordered to pay Rajmata's Rs.6.52 lakh phone bill - May 27, 2011
- 'Link cyber terrorism to India's overall counter-terror capabilities' - May 16, 2012
- India wants to cooperate with Cuba in energy, telecom - Jul 14, 2012
- CBI organising conference on cyber crime Thursday - Mar 25, 2009
- India creating architecture to ensure cyber security: NSA - May 16, 2012
- Drug trafficking a threat to global stability - Nov 22, 2011
- Keeping check on social networking sites a challenge: Sibal - Sep 02, 2011
- DoT wants technical solution for interception, monitoring of Blackberry services - Aug 26, 2010
- Reputed websites under hacker threat: CERT-In - May 27, 2012