Cellphone that monitors heart problems and informs doctorAugust 18th, 2010 - 5:45 pm ICT by IANS
London, Aug 18 (IANS) A new cellphone could prove to be a boon for millions of heart patients as it also monitors their conditions.
The H’andy Sana, a touch-screen phone, includes an application called Heart Suite, which enables users to measure, record and send electrocardiograms (ECGs).
The phone will be suitable for daily monitoring of heart problems, minus the need of expensive medical equipment, reports the Daily Mail.
Users can have their ECG recorded instantly by pressing two fingers on the side of the phone for half a minute.
They can then despatch the results to a specialist for advice along with other data including blood pressure, blood glucose and cholesterol.
Manufacturers also argue it could offer a broader picture of the patient’s condition compared to the result of only getting an ECG when visiting a hospital or a clinic.
The new device will be launched in Britain later this year by Medical Marketing UK Limited, which has signed a deal with MMB GmbH for exclusive marketing rights for the H’andy Sana.
It is expected to cost around 490 pounds and is likely to be sold with a large carrier subsidy.
MMUK is headed by former Vodafone director Jonathan Viney. A number of telecom companies have already expressed an interest in selling the new handset.
- ECG can also predict heart attacks - Apr 11, 2012
- Sudden cardiac death tied to slower electrical currents - May 22, 2012
- Intelligent hospital kiosk for quick health tests - Aug 19, 2010
- 'Telehealth' monitoring system to send body organs' updates to your phone - Oct 09, 2010
- New devices warn of blackouts - Sep 07, 2012
- Radar system now to check runways for dangerous debris - Aug 05, 2011
- Bluetooth offers round-the-clock health monitoring - Mar 11, 2012
- Study links Blood pressure drugs to cancer - Jun 15, 2010
- Seeing forest and trees could help detect heart problems - Jul 27, 2010
- Screening can detect potentially serious heart conditions in healthy kids - Mar 18, 2011
- Bosch unveils pressure washers for industrial use - Jul 14, 2012
- Anna reaches Delhi for medical check-up - Jan 29, 2012
- Screening can spot heart conditions in healthy kids - Mar 18, 2011
- Electronic drug information system reduces risk for ICU patients - Mar 11, 2010
- The smart phone as diagnostic tool - Oct 07, 2011
Tags: blood glucose, boon, cellphone, daily mail, director jonathan, ecg, half a minute, handset, heart patients, heart problems, mail users, medical equipment, medical marketing, subsidy, telecom companies, touch screen phone, two fingers, uk limited, vodafone, which enables users