CBI organising conference on cyber crime ThursdayMarch 25th, 2009 - 8:14 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, March 25 (IANS) With cyber crime becoming a global phenomenon and the Internet blurrring international boundaries, the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) is organising a daylong conference on cyber crime along with the Council of Europe Thursday to discuss new international systems for better cooperation among countries.
International Police Cooperation against Cyber Crime is being organised to enhance the knowledge of law enforcement agencies and other stakeholders to combat cyber crimes.
“With cyber crime becoming a global phenomenon, it is imperative for the law enforcement agencies to understand its complexity and upgrade skills and knowledge to meet this new challenge,” a CBI statement said.
“Due to all pervasiveness of the Internet and blurring of international boundaries, law enforcement agencies find it extremely difficult to combat cyber crime due to their jurisdictional limitations. International cooperation amongst countries is governed mainly by the legal provisions, which in most of the cases, are not fast enough to match the pace of cyber criminals.”
Senior police officers from all the states, union territories, other law enforcement agencies, forensic labs, research organisations, Internet service providers and other stakeholders will participate in the conference.
The agenda of the conference includes discussion on cyber crime threats and trends, international cooperation against cyber crime, good practices and opportunities for India and law enforcement-service provider cooperation in the investigation of cyber crime.
The statement further said: “In addition to having a second look at the existing mechanisms, we must develop some new systems and procedures for better cooperation during investigation and prosecution.”
- Interpol, CBI to collaborate in fighting cyber crime - Dec 16, 2011
- Drug trafficking a threat to global stability - Nov 22, 2011
- CBI conference on cyber crime today - Mar 26, 2009
- Over 130 government Web sites hacked during January-March 2012 - Apr 25, 2012
- Russia, Austria to boost anti-cyber crime cooperation - Mar 15, 2012
- CBI, NASSCOM tie up to fight cyber crime - Nov 22, 2010
- Pakistan threatens to block Google - Sep 19, 2011
- UAE holds cyber crime workshop - Nov 03, 2010
- CBI officers get tips on probes abroad - Jul 14, 2011
- Terrorists use Internet as most potent tool for recruitment, says Pillai - Mar 07, 2011
- Nasscom sets up cyber lab in Hyderabad - Aug 29, 2010
- Interpol lauds Pakistan's role in fighting terrorism - Sep 12, 2011
- Zero tolerance for graft: Patil - Sep 28, 2011
- Need for international crisis management plan to detect cyber crimes: Govt. - Mar 26, 2009
- Asian Security Conference to focus on non-traditional threats - Feb 10, 2012
Tags: cbi, central bureau of investigation, council of europe, cyber crime, cyber crimes, cyber criminals, daylong conference, forensic labs, global phenomenon, international boundaries, international cooperation, international police cooperation, internet service providers, labs research, law enforcement agencies, legal provisions, organisations internet, pervasiveness, research organisations, union territories