CA sets up Asia innovation centre in HyderabadApril 24th, 2012 - 7:42 pm ICT by IANS
Hyderabad, April 24 (IANS) US software and solutions company CA Technologies has set up its Asia innovation unit at its development centre here in partnership with the International Institute of Information Technology, Hyderabad (IIIT-H).
The centre is the company’s third innovation centre in the world after the US and Israel. It will work in areas like cloud technology, big data technology, mobile security and management.
“This will become Asian innovation centre where we come together with IIIT to create an environment to add to the technologies that support what is happening in the industry today,” Chief Executive Officer William McCracken told reporters.
IIIT-H Director Rajeev Sangal said: “We are looking forward to working with CA Technologies to help develop strategic software solutions that can address the most pressing business needs of their customers and the enterprise industry.”
Terming India as big business opportunity for the company, McCracken said the CA increased its investment in India by over 25 percent for last several years. “We will continue to do that because it is already starting to show returns. In the past year as a revenue India has grown well beyond what we have known as a corporation.”
The CA has already invested $60 million in creating the infrastructure for its operations in India. McCracken also said CA was looking for acquisition of technology companies in India.
- CA, Mahindra set up joint research centre - Apr 24, 2012
- HCL to develop software for US energy firm - Apr 23, 2012
- Need to spur product innovation in India: Expert - Mar 27, 2012
- Kalam unveils Bosch research centre at IISc - Nov 08, 2011
- IT industry lauds PM's move to review tax laws - Jul 30, 2012
- TCS expands US presence, opens new facility in California - Jan 31, 2012
- Cisco to invest $545 mn in Brazil - Apr 04, 2012
- Northeast India's first IIIT coming up in Tripura - Jun 08, 2012
- Silicon Image opens R&D; centre in Hyderabad - Feb 18, 2012
- 3M unveils Rs.100 crore research centre in Bangalore - Sep 23, 2011
- Now test LG's products at its demonstration zones - Jul 28, 2011
- IT product firm Ittiam posts $20 million revenue - Mar 21, 2012
- India's first telecom business incubator in Kerala - Oct 27, 2011
- CA Technologies to focus on growth areas, raise headcount - Sep 10, 2010
- Bangalore phobia will only hurt Western economies (Comment) - Aug 27, 2010
Tags: 60 million, acquisition, april 24, business opportunity, chief executive officer, companies in india, data technology, hyderabad, iiit, information technology, infrastructure, innovation centre, innovation unit, last several years, mobile security, pressing business, rajeev, software solutions, solutions company, technology companies