Brits own 418mn gadgetsNovember 14th, 2007 - 2:31 am ICT by admin
Mobile phones were followed by televisions on the list of technologies that have become part of people’s lives. Sixty million idiot boxes are owned by Brits, 2.5 for every home.
While there are 40 million DVD players, the old-fashioned VCR remains popular with a count of 22.3 million sets.
According to the Sun, there were 25.2 million trendy iPods and other MP3 players, and 28.5 million CD players.
The newspaper also reported that there were 22 million games consoles, and 24.5 million computers.
The research by first direct bank also revealed that more than a third of people thought that their lives were flooded by too much of technology, and they wanted a break from it. (ANI)
- British kids carry modern gadgets to school - Sep 01, 2011
- Apple recalls first-gen iPod nano - Nov 13, 2011
- Apple will find it hard to replace Steeve 'Cool' Jobs (Comment) - Aug 26, 2011
- The new iPod touch: practically a smartphone - Sep 19, 2010
- Apple's iPhone 4S sales top four mn in three days - Oct 18, 2011
- Apple redesigns iPod touch, updates iPod nano - Sep 13, 2012
- iPhones, iPads in kids' Christmas wish list - Oct 25, 2010
- iPod tops kids' Christmas wish list - Nov 28, 2010
- Mom challenges family to unplug for 6 months - Jan 21, 2011
- Mobile phone remote that can be worn on the wrist - Oct 03, 2010
- Kids want to ditch train sets and dolls for iPhones this Christmas - Oct 25, 2010
- iPod users warned to pull out earphones when on the move - Aug 06, 2010
- iPod nanos recalled fearing battery fire - Nov 17, 2011
- We risk life using mobile phones on roads - Sep 23, 2011
- Modern schoolbags worth $2k are not without laptop, iPod and phone - Jan 23, 2011
Tags: 5 million, brits, cd players, cellular phones, dvd players, first direct bank, gadgets, games consoles, ipods, million computers, million games, mobile phones, mp3 players, old fashioned, sun, televisions, vcr