British firm VoiceStream acquires Helios OutsourcingMay 7th, 2008 - 10:56 pm ICT by admin
Chennai, May 7 (IANS) British company VoiceStream has acquired 75 percent stake in the city-based firm Helios Outsourcing. “We wanted to secure our UK revenues and have more control and hence we bought into our service provider Helios Outsourcing. In-house processing is a huge area,” VoiceStream chairman and managing director Paul Kopec told IANS.
Kopec added that the payments were linked to milestones and performance levels.
According to him, the $25 million VoiceStream will invest around $3 million to develop Helios as India’s best niche outsourcing outfit and grow the business to $85 million in three years time.
Helios, besides owning a 50-seat call centre, also works with several other small and medium-sized call centres located across the country.
Helios also offers consultancy for setting up BPO houses in India for small companies.
Speaking about the deal, Kopec said: “There were several small and medium-sized enterprises that would like to outsource some activities and we, with our centres in India, would like to tap that potential.”
“The idea is to double our owned call centre facility as well as our associate call centres currently numbering to 50,” Helios CEO and managing director Satz Moses said.
- Standard Chartered's BPO to prune vendors, save $7 mn - Jan 19, 2012
- Titan to open 100 outlets in India - Apr 13, 2011
- Britain to launch campaign for more exports to Asia - Dec 08, 2011
- Protectionism will kill growth and innovation: Sharma - Sep 22, 2010
- India, China to see growth in BPO sector by 2015 - Aug 22, 2011
- Lok Capital invests $3 million in rural BPO - Sep 15, 2011
- Indian bank opens branch in South Africa - Sep 13, 2012
- WNS to acquire back office in South Africa - Jun 22, 2012
- ADB to support India's small businesses - Feb 26, 2010
- Omega Healthcare to hire 1,000 employees in India - Aug 11, 2011
- IITan trio streamline transportation business - Mar 29, 2012
- Wipro's first rural BPO centre comes up in Tamil Nadu - Aug 26, 2011
- Infosys to expand back office operations in Poland - Sep 06, 2010
- China to end state monopoly in banks - Apr 05, 2012
- Wal-Mart to target 35,000 Indian farmers for agri-business supply chain by 2015 - Oct 26, 2010
Tags: call centre, ceo, chennai, director paul, helios, India, kopec, managing director, medium sized enterprises, milestones, moses, niche, percent stake, performance levels, service provider, small and medium sized enterprises, voicestream