British company to offer 500,000 miles journey around the MoonJune 20th, 2012 - 8:44 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
London, June 19 (THAINDIAN NEWS) An Isle of Man-based Company is planning to offer seats to those willing to complete a journey around the Moon. The first of these journeys could take place in 2015.
The founder and CEO of Excalibur Almaz, Art Dula, announced at a space tourism event in Britain’s capital London that the firm is ready to start selling tickets for the tourist journey, which would take placed in one of the two converted Soviet-era “Almaz” space vehicles that the company has.
The stations were originally designed for orbital spying operations. Thrusters were attached to them to transform them into long-distance spaceships.
The company’s space stations are currently housed in hangers on the Isle of Man. If the organization’s plans go ahead as scheduled then members of the public would be able to embark on trips to the moon, and the company would take people to the moon for the first time since 1972’s Apollo 17 mission. Before they are allowed to travel in the space station, all those involved will have to undergo a strict training program before.
The trips will cost £100M to all those who wish to travel to the earth’s satellite.
- NASA may use space station to prepare flights to Mars - Apr 07, 2011
- Kennedy was not interested in space travel - Sep 13, 2012
- No spaceship, yet NASA wants more astronauts - Nov 17, 2011
- Virgin Galactic space ship makes its first solo test flight - Oct 12, 2010
- Former NASA agent on a mission to find the missing moon rocks - Feb 20, 2012
- Plans afoot for astronauts to orbit moon's far side - Nov 26, 2010
- Pic of Playboy pin-up who 'went to the moon and back' to be auctioned - Jan 05, 2011
- Chinese firm to send Spanish robot to moon - Aug 17, 2012
- Private US spacecraft lands in Pacific Ocean - Jun 01, 2012
- New 'rocket' can go to moon on 100 cc fuel - Mar 30, 2012
- Virgin Galactic's spaceship makes first solo test flight - Oct 11, 2010
- Artificial intelligence could run spacecraft in future - Feb 13, 2011
- West to have 80,000 cruise missiles by 2020: Russia - May 29, 2011
- We need clear space vision: Senators to Obama - Feb 25, 2010
- Obama assigns NASA Chief engaging with Muslim world as his 'foremost' mission - Jul 06, 2010
Tags: almaz, apollo 17, ceo, dula, earth, excalibur, hangers, isle of man, journey, journeys, london, long distance, satellite, space station, space stations, space tourism, space vehicles, spaceships, tourism event, trips to the moon