Bids to select spectrum allocation manager floatedAugust 18th, 2008 - 5:16 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Aug 18 (IANS) The Department of Telecom (DoT) Monday began inviting bids from companies wanting to manage the e-auction for spectrum allocation of next generation mobile applications in 22 telecom circles. The bids to conduct the allocation for third-generation (3G) and broadband wireless services can be submitted till Sep 3. Technical bids will be opened Sep 17 and financial bids two days later.
The bidder should either be a registered company under the Indian Companies Act, a foreign firm incorporated in another country, or a joint venture of such companies.
Bidders are required to pay a non-refundable processing fee of Rs.50,000 or its equivalent in foreign currency.
Under DoT’s specifications, the bidder should neither hold any stake, direct or indirect, in an Indian telecom company or Internet service provider (ISP), nor have a telecom or ISP as a stakeholder.
Moreover, the bidder company and its major equity holders should have a combined net worth of at least Rs.250 million or equivalent.
It should also have the experience of conducting at least five e-auctions in the past three years with the total auction value to be Rs.250 billion or equivalent.
Additionally, it must have conducted at least one e-auction on a simultaneous ascending system valued at more than Rs.1 billion or equivalent during the past five years.
- DoT to start spectrum auction Nov 12 - Aug 27, 2012
- Times Internet selected as auctioneer for spectrum - Aug 07, 2012
- Supreme Court extends 2G auction deadline to Jan 11 (Lead) - Aug 27, 2012
- TRAI says no need for exit policy - Apr 18, 2012
- NIIT Tech to set up e-auction platform for tobacco board - Aug 01, 2012
- Technical glitch hits Darjeeling tea e-auction plan - Jun 18, 2012
- Apple, Intel join Google in bidding for Nortel patents - Jun 28, 2011
- Uninor to auction business and assets - Aug 01, 2012
- Penalties on new operators for roll-out delay set aside - Jan 13, 2012
- Return 3G license fees if roaming pact illegal: Telecom biggies - Nov 22, 2011
- Government wants 2G auction deadline extended to November - Aug 07, 2012
- NTC land in Gujarat fetches Rs.145.93 crore - Jan 01, 2011
- Tata Docomo rolls out 3G-service in India's tech hub - Nov 03, 2010
- 3G spectrum auction kicks off, first round completed - Apr 09, 2010
- Airtel, Idea, Vodafone asked to stop 3G roaming service - Dec 23, 2011