Bhopal bloggers to form their blogging forumApril 18th, 2008 - 7:30 pm ICT by admin
Bhopal, April 18 (IANS) Blogs are catching up so fast in Madhya Pradesh that the bloggers here have resolved to set up a blogging forum to learn from one another’s experiences. Experienced and new bloggers met at the Bhopal bloggers meet held at the Makhanlal Chaturvedi National University of Journalism, Bhopal, Wednesday.
They decided to meet once a month to share and learn from one another’s experience.
Blogs - a user-generated website as is commonly known - are available on different subjects.
“For instance, the department of journalism now has its own blog www.dojmcu.blogspot.com which not only helps us to share information on what is happening on the campus but also helps students to network with our alumni,” said head of journalism department P.P. Singh.
Similarly, Shaishanu who blogs at www.bhopale.blogspot.com said it has a lot of information on Bhopal, its history and what is happening in and around Bhopal while a relatively new one www.bhopalkiduniya.blogspot.com covers off-beat issues from Bhopal.
Shela Masood shared her experience on her blog www.letzchangedrulz-miracles.blogspot.com
Anil Gulati who blogs on www.madhyapradesh.blogspot.com and www.mpchildinfo.blogspot.com says that it is content that plays an important role to help increase the blog’s reach.
“So if your blog has useful content, one will have no option but to visit it again and again as is the case with blogs like newswhichmatter.blogspot.com and foeticide.blogsot.com which are social blogs serving as a knowledge base,” says Gulati.
A blog on MP tourism www.madhyapradesh.blogspot.com is another example, which serves as an information base on the state, he added.
There are blogs like www.safemotherhood.blogspot.com, managed by “Campaign to Raise Concern on Maternal Deaths” in the state, which has activists working to help mothers.
There are other blogs too like newswhichmatter.blogspot.com, which has news about the state and opinions of people, and mpchildinfo.blogspot.com, which deals with infant mortality and low nutrition levels among children.
Hindi blogs too are catching up in the state and bloggers of blogs like www.suratehal.blogspot.com, www.khetkhaliyan.blogspotcom and bedakhalkidairy.blogspot.com shared their experience.
- Bloggers: Latest brand ambassadors to sell products - Apr 17, 2012
- Blog in Hindi, earn profits too - May 22, 2010
- Arabic bloggers to compete for best blogging award - Jun 11, 2010
- US Fulbright-mtvU fellow to study LGBT music in India - Aug 14, 2012
- World's oldest blogger dead at 97 - May 22, 2009
- Remove derogatory content against Sri Sri Ravi Shankar, Google told - May 10, 2012
- Now, online cricket experience in a new form - Feb 24, 2011
- Delhi bloggers meet offline to discuss issues, gadgets - Jun 11, 2012
- Public Diplomacy division gets social media award - Mar 12, 2011
- Government's Public Diplomacy Division gets prestigious e-governance award for 2010 - Oct 28, 2010
- Bangladeshi bloggers win awards in Germany - Apr 13, 2011
- Big B pays special visit to mom-in-law - Jan 25, 2011
- Big B wants more work with Jaya - Mar 23, 2011
- Big B throws 'wrap-up' bash for 'Aarakshan' crew - Mar 14, 2011
- Bhopal bloggers start Indian blogathon - Apr 20, 2008