Bharti Airtel to launch 4G services in KolkataApril 3rd, 2012 - 9:56 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, April 3 (IANS) Bharti Airtel will launch its 4G services in Kotkata this month, Chief Executive Sanjay Kapoor said Tuesday.
“It will be launched this month in Kolkata,” Kapoor told reporters on the sidelines of a telecom event here.
4G is a successor to the 3G and 2G families, and is expected to be five times quicker than 3G services.
The firm bagged Broadband Wireless Access (BWA) spectrum in four circles — Kolkata, Maharastra, Punjab and Karnataka — for Rs.3,314.36 crore in 2010.
Another firm, Reliance Infotel, earlier known as Infotel Broadband Services, which won a pan-India licence for BWA spectrum, is yet to announce its roll-out plans for 4G services.
Other firms which have won spectrum in the auction include Qualcomm, Tikona, Aircel and Augere.
- Sibal to launch Bharti Airtel's 4G services Tuesday - Apr 09, 2012
- Huawei to manage Bharti Airtel's 4G network in Karnataka - May 01, 2012
- Airtel launches 4G services in Kolkata, first in India - Apr 10, 2012
- Qualcomm to get BWA spectrum shortly: DoT - Apr 19, 2012
- India reaps billions from BWA auction, biggies stay away (Lead) - Jun 11, 2010
- Bharti Airtel launches 4G services in Bangalore - May 07, 2012
- India's broadband airwaves auction to fetch $8.6 billion (Roundup) - Jun 11, 2010
- Sibal launches 4G, admits 3G has 'not successful' (Lead) - Apr 10, 2012
- Airtel to ring iPhone4's tune in September - Jul 19, 2010
- Broadband auction winners to pay up license fee by June 22 - Jun 12, 2010
- Pan-India BWA licence price up at Rs.2,353 crore (Lead) - May 24, 2010
- Auction of broadband airwaves starts Saturday - May 19, 2010
- BWA auction ends, government reaps $8.5 bn - Jun 11, 2010
- Auction for BWA begins; Rs.15,000 crore expected - May 24, 2010
- 4G, 3G to grow parallelly in India: Ericsson - Sep 01, 2011
Tags: 2g, 3g services, aircel, airtel, auction, broadband services, broadband wireless access, chief executive, circles, crore, India, karnataka, New Delhi, punjab, qualcomm, reliance, sanjay kapoor, sidelines, spectrum, telecom