Bharti Airtel forays into mobile advertising segmentMay 27th, 2012 - 4:51 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, May 27 (IANS) Telecom service provider Bharti Airtel has forayed into Indai’s mobile advertising segment, a company official said here Sunday.
Airtel’s m-Advertising platform is designed to meet demands of advertisers such as inventory management, campaign management, reporting and analytics. Airtel will equip advertisers to connect with their potential customers in a personalised way through their mobile phones. K. Srinivas, president-consumer business, Bharti Airtel, said.
India’s mobile advertising market currently is valued at over Rs.100 crore and is expected to reach Rs.144 crore by 2013, according to a report jointly published by the Internet and Mobile Association of India and research firm IMRB.
“Personalisation, sharp segmentation and contextualisation are increasingly making this platform exciting proposition for brands,” Srinivas said.
“With the mobile advertising market poised to grow by more than 40 percent over the next few years, Airtel with its technology, scale and customer intelligence is placed uniquely to leverage this growing medium,” he added.
Through this platform, advertisers will be able to leverage multiple communications outlets and tools such as mobile internet (WAP), messaging services and Airtel digital TV to engage their audiences, according to Srinivas.
It will not only create opportunities for increasing brand saliency but also conversions using technologies such as mobile couponing for segments such as youth and smartphone users. With this platform, companies can also extend their access to the rural audience with voice solutions, Srinivas said.
- Reliance Communications' R World to break language barrier - Feb 15, 2011
- Airtel to re-structure India, South Asia operations - Jul 07, 2011
- Bharti Airtel launches 3.75G in Zambia - Jan 17, 2012
- Airtel ropes in Infosys for mobile wallet service - Feb 27, 2012
- Airtel launches GPS to help track Bangladeshi fishing boats - Dec 21, 2010
- Bharti Airtel launches 4G services in Bangalore - May 07, 2012
- Huawei to manage Bharti Airtel's 4G network in Karnataka - May 01, 2012
- Content aimed at rural masses can make MVAS a $10 bn industry - Jul 08, 2012
- Bharti Airtel launches 3G services in Karnataka - Jan 24, 2011
- Airtel, Axis Bank join hands for mobile banking - May 16, 2012
- Bharti Airtel's quarterly net profit declines 22.4 percent (Lead) - Feb 08, 2012
- SBI, Airtel form Rs.100 crore mobile banking venture - Jan 12, 2011
- Airtel launches online payment system in Africa - Sep 15, 2011
- 141 mn people to use mobiles for payments: Gartner - Jul 21, 2011
- Airtel bets on World Cup, IPL to flag 3G service - Jan 26, 2011
Tags: analytics, bharti airtel, campaign management, consumer business, couponing, crore, customer intelligence, digital tv, forays, inventory management, k srinivas, management reporting, messaging services, mobile advertising, mobile internet, saliency, segmentation, smartphone, telecom service provider, voice solutions