Bharat Electronics posts four percent sales growthApril 8th, 2008 - 11:08 pm ICT by admin
Bangalore, April 8 (IANS) The Bharat Electronics Ltd (BEL) posted a sales turnover of Rs.41.14 billion ($1.02 billion) in 2007-08, registering a marginal increase of four percent from the previous fiscal figure of Rs.39.5 billion, the state-run defence enterprise said here Tuesday. According to the un-audited, provisional figures released to the stock exchanges, BEL’s profit before tax rose to Rs 11.09 billion during the year under review, posting a modest growth of 5.1 percent from Rs.10.52 billion in the previous fiscal.
Exports, however, shot up by 32 percent to $15.4 million from $11.6 despite rupee appreciation during the last 12 months.
The order book for the current fiscal (2008-09) is about Rs.94.5 billion as on April 1.
The city-based BEL manufactures electronic systems, including radars for the Indian armed forces and the civilian market. Its other products include electronic warfare systems, naval systems opto-electronic sensors and tank electronics.
“Among the orders executed during the last fiscal were advanced land navigation system for tanks, command control system for the artillery wing of the army, central acquisition radar for the air force, passive night vision device and Doppler weather radar for prediction of meteorological data,” the company said in a statement.
As in the case of defence behemoth Hindustan Aeronautics Ltd (HAL), BEL also suffered production delays due to non-availability of raw materials from its overseas suppliers for executing orders in time. As a result, about 57 percent of its total revenue was accrued in the fourth quarter (January-March) of the fiscal.
- Thales, BEL to form joint venture radar company (Lead) - Aug 29, 2012
- BEL net dips 16 percent in 2011-12 - Apr 24, 2012
- BEL records marginal sales growth in 2011-12 - Apr 02, 2012
- Bharat Electronics posts 13 percent sales growth - Apr 01, 2010
- Wage hike dips BEL net 61 percent in fourth quarter - Apr 27, 2010
- BEL pays 156 percent dividend to government - Oct 29, 2011
- India to build intelligent satellite for surveillance - Feb 09, 2010
- HAL awaits government nod to go public soon - Feb 10, 2011
- BEL sales up 13 percent, pre-tax profit down - Apr 02, 2009
- HAL sales growth dips in fiscal 2011-12 - Apr 01, 2012
- Bharat Electronics to secure parliament with hi-tech gadgets - Dec 09, 2009
- Infosys ups fiscal guidance on robust growth - Jan 12, 2012
- IAF orders another 750 Akash SAMs - Feb 02, 2010
- Infosys net up 17 percent in Q4 - Apr 15, 2011
- Wipro forecasts flat IT growth in fourth quarter - Jan 20, 2012
Tags: behemoth, bharat electronics ltd, central acquisition, doppler weather radar, electronic sensors, electronic systems, electronic warfare systems, indian armed forces, land navigation, marginal increase, meteorological data, night vision device, overseas suppliers, passive night vision, production delays, provisional figures, radars, rupee, sales turnover, stock exchanges