Belgium bank to deploy Infosys software productMarch 24th, 2012 - 6:13 pm ICT by IANS
Bangalore, March 24 (IANS) Leading European bank ING Belgium selected Infosys’ software product Finacle to transform its core banking operations, the Indian IT bellwether said Saturday.
“Our flagship product will enhance ING’s services for its customers in Belgium, deliver operational efficiencies, bring products to market faster and improve its customer experience,” Infosys’ client services head Sanat Rao said in a statement here.
Ranked by the IT industry analysts as a global leader in software product for the banking, financial services and insurance (BFSI sector), the Finacle core banking platform will transform ING’s legacy systems to meet its on-going operational, product and regulatory requirements.
“Finacle will enable ING to develop and deliver modern, innovative products to its customers, whilst its employees will benefit from streamlined operations and improved productivity,” Rao said.
According to bank’s chief information officer Frank Stockx, Finacle was selected through a competitive bidding process on account of its ability to be a single source for services such as process change consulting, system integration and independent testing.
“Over the years, we have seen a standardisation and globalisation of the back-office processes. Technology solutions have matured to integrate our banking IT environment. Working with Finacle will give us flexibility and allow us to focus on customer’s needs to become the first universal direct bank,” Stockx noted.
The multi-million dollar and multi-year contract also enables Infosys to expand its European footprint into the BeNeLux market.
As a wholly-owned subsidiary of the Netherlands-based ING group N.V., the Belgium bank services 67 million private, corporate and institutional customers in over 40 countries across Europe, Americas, Asia and Australia.
- Nigerian bank deploys Infosys' Finacle software - Apr 16, 2012
- Namibian bank deploys Infosys core banking product - Mar 14, 2012
- Infosys bags Rs.700 crore order from India Post - Aug 09, 2012
- Airtel ropes in Infosys for mobile wallet service - Feb 27, 2012
- Infosys signs strategic agreement with Bancolombia - Aug 06, 2009
- Polaris launches new insurance claims processing solution - May 21, 2012
- BankMuscat goes online with Nucleus software product - Oct 08, 2011
- Nucleus Software partners with Turkish firm - Jun 07, 2011
- Wipro-Canara Bank ink rural banking deal - Mar 10, 2011
- HCL Technologies, New Zealand's Finzsoft tie up - Jun 27, 2011
- Microland to offer cloud solutions with Microsoft - Apr 06, 2012
- Huawei unveils gigabit switches for Indian enterprises - Jun 25, 2012
- India's IT industry bets on growth despite uncertainty - Jan 08, 2012
- Infosys acquires software business of New Zealand firm - Jun 08, 2011
- Aditya Birla Minacs to market Epicor's ERP solutions - Jun 14, 2011
Tags: banking operations, bellwether, chief information officer, competitive bidding process, core banking, customer experience, european footprint, flagship product, industry analysts, ing group, innovative products, institutional customers, legacy systems, office processes, operational efficiencies, operational product, processes technology, regulatory requirements, standardisation, streamlined operations