Bangalore IT trade fair to focus on innovationOctober 4th, 2011 - 9:17 pm ICT by IANS
Bangalore, Oct 4 (IANS) India’s premier IT trade fair - Bangalore IT.biz - Oct 18-20 will focus on innovation and research and development (R&D;) in the technology space to drive the next phase of the knowledge economy.
“Innovation and R&D; will be the key drivers to make the government’s Vision 2020 a reality. As part of the global IT revolution, India is well positioned to leverage its strength in the tech space and explore the emerging markets for sustaining growth,” Infosys vice-chairman and Karnataka Vision group chairman Kris Gopalakrishnan said Tuesday at a preview of the ICT event.
To be inaugurated by former president A.P.J. Abdul Kalam, the three-day expo will showcase Bangalore as the country’s innovation hub in view the presence of large number of global R&D; centres, multinationals and Indian IT bellwethers like Infosys and Wipro.
With ‘India Innovates’ as its theme, the three-day trade fair at a five-star venue (Lalit Ashok) will provide a platform to foster an eco-system for innovation and position Bangalore as the R&D; gateway to India.
Rwanda’s Prime Minister Bernard Makuza and Bihar’s IT Minister Shahid Ali Khan will be present at the inaugural session.
“As a networking platform for IT, IT-enabled services, hardware and semiconductor sectors, this year’s edition will showcase innovators of products, technologies, services and delivery,” Karnataka IT Secretary M.N. Vidyashankar told reporters at the launch preview.
The expo will have multi-track conferences, a CEO conclave, Software Technology Parks of India (STPI) IT export awards, Young Entrepreneurs’ Start-ups in Soaring Spirits (YESSS) and national rural IT quiz.
“About 50 start-ups and small and medium enterprises (SMEs) will display their products and technologies at a special pavilion along with about 130 exhibitors across the sectors,” Vidyashankar noted.
With Bihar as the partner state, about 10 states, including Andhra Pradesh, Gujarat, Kerala, Orissa, Tamil Nadu and West Bengal, will participate in the expo.
Organised by the state government in association with STPI, Nasscom, MAIT and ISA (Indian Semiconductor Association), the multi-track conferences will have sessions on Aadhaar: the next Y2K on the Unique Identification Number (UID) project; human resources & skill development; animation & gaming; IT & green technology; cloud — what’s next?; innovations in telecom — rural connectivity; and mobile applications.
Nasscom will release a special report on “Karnataka — Nurturing Eco-system of Bangalore as an Innovation and R&D; gateway to India”.
A workshop on electronic design and manufacturing systems will be held during the event in partnership with the communications ministry and ISA.
About 1,000 delegates from across the country and overseas are expected to attend the event.
- India's premier ICT event unveiled in tech hub - Oct 18, 2011
- Kalam call for material convergence through ICT, nano - Oct 19, 2011
- Kerala: Industry majors to support IT product start-ups village - Jul 23, 2012
- Nasscom confers lifetime award on Tally's Goenka - Nov 09, 2011
- India's first Startup Village at Kochi - Jan 18, 2012
- Bangalore Nano to focus on business opportunities - Aug 28, 2012
- Electronics development fund to promote innovation soon: Official - Feb 21, 2011
- Karnataka to have aerospace policy to woo investments - Aug 24, 2012
- Microsoft to incubate 10 Indian start-ups - May 23, 2012
- Karnataka unveils new policies to boost ICT, hardware - Jun 20, 2011
- Israel to host industry meet to woo Indian investments - Jan 16, 2011
- IT, BT firms flock to Karnataka to invest Rs.124 bn - Jun 01, 2010
- Electronics can drive inclusive growth in India: expert - Oct 28, 2010
- GE to invest Rs.300 crore in India research facility - Jun 07, 2012
- 50 innovation clusters to help MSMEs: Pitroda - Mar 28, 2012
Tags: abdul kalam, ali khan, bellwethers, eco system, export awards, gateway to india, gopalakrishnan, group chairman, inaugural session, knowledge economy, lalit, national rural, networking platform, s vision, shahid ali, small and medium enterprises, soaring spirits, software technology parks, vision 2020, vision group