Apple’s new iPad hits Japanese marketMarch 16th, 2012 - 12:52 pm ICT by IANS
Tokyo, March 16 (IANS) Apple’s new iPad hit Japanese market Friday, featuring a faster processor, a sharper high-resolution display and voice dictation which recognizes English, French, German and Japanese.
The third-generation iPad, released about 11 months after the iPad 2 hit the market, comes in two models, a basic model with wireless Internet access as well as a model capable of next-generation 4G Long Term Evolution (LTE) high-speed service with Wi-Fi, reported Xinhua.
But media reported that the new model will only be capable of 3G mobile data connection in Japan as Softbank Mobile Corp., the sole Japanese carrier marketing the iPad, does not offer LTE service currently.
The Wi-Fi model is priced at 42,800 yen(about $512), while the 3G model with Wi-Fi will be offered free of charge for its 16-gigabyte type with a two-year contract, according to Softbank.
The new iPad will be sold at Apple stores, branches of Softbank Mobile and some electronics retailers in Japan.
- Apple's new iPad launched in India - Apr 27, 2012
- Apple iPad available for Rs.27,900 in India - Jan 28, 2011
- New iPad to go on sale Friday: Apple - Mar 15, 2012
- Apple blamed for delayed launch of BlackBerry tablet - Apr 08, 2011
- Apple iPad 2 hits Indian market - Apr 29, 2011
- Apple's new iPad brings 4G, better camera, more pixels - Mar 09, 2012
- Steve Jobs makes surprise appearance to unveil iPad2 - Mar 03, 2011
- Rumor has it that iPhone 5 is going to have a 4-inch display - May 21, 2012
- BlackBerry stock slips as tablet gets lukewarm response - Apr 20, 2011
- Apple confirms that iPad has some Wi-Fi issues - Apr 07, 2010
- Motorola XOOM tablet launched in India - Jun 28, 2011
- No frenzy crowds to buy BlackBerry tablet on launch - Apr 19, 2011
- iPad to be available from the 3rd of April in US - Mar 05, 2010
- BlackBerry sells 250,000 PlayBook tablets - May 20, 2011
- HP Unveils TouchPad To Take On Rival Tablets - Feb 10, 2011
Tags: apple stores, electronics retailers, english french, french german, gigabyte, high resolution, high speed service, ipad, japanese carrier, japanese market, mobile data, new model, softbank mobile, term evolution, third generation, tokyo march, voice dictation, wireless internet access, xinhua, yen