Apple unveils new iPhone, iPod, Touch and iTunesSeptember 10th, 2008 - 12:20 pm ICT by Bupha Ravirot
Steven Paul Jobs, co-founder, Chairman, and CEO of Apple Inc recently has updated on Apple media player range for the Christmas sales period.
In a press conference on Tuesday, Jobs made a number of important product announcements under the banner of “Let’s Rock“. The updated Apple products includes a brand new version of iTunes in the shape of iTunes 8, which is adapted to support HD television programmers, a ‘Genius’ playlist function and a new flat album view. Jobs said that presently iTunes store has 65 million customer accounts, 8.5 million songs, 30,00 TV shows and 2,600 movies which make it the number one music distributor in the US.
The iPod range also gets upgraded. The Nano 4G, becomes the thinnest iPod ever which has capacity to do genius thing all on its own without connecting to iTunes and a computer. Songs can be shuffled by just shaking and it also has an accelerometer attached and has a larger screen. A new Nano costs from $149 for the 8GB device and $199 for the bigger 16GB one.
New iTouch also made slimmer and has improved battery life to give 36 hours of music and six hours of video playback. It now also has external volume controls and an external speaker, which will cost $229 for 8GB, $299 for 16GB and $399 for 32GB.
Major update is on iPhone 2.1 firmware which will be on Friday, Jobs promises deal with longer battery life, more stability and faster iTunes backup.
According to Jobs, application sales for the iPhone have also been a massive success. So far 100 million applications have been downloaded for the iPhone and Touch, which is remarkable as the applications store has only been open for 60 days.
Only New MacBook has not been upgraded under “Let’s Rock Apple Event” but most probably will be next time.
- Apple redesigns iPod touch, updates iPod nano - Sep 13, 2012
- Apple unveils MacBook Air - thinnest, lightest laptop - Oct 21, 2010
- Black Friday Online Deals From Apple Unveiled - Nov 26, 2010
- The new iPod touch: practically a smartphone - Sep 19, 2010
- Started with borrowed money, Apple becomes world's No. 1 company - Aug 11, 2011
- Best Cyber Monday Deals From Apple - Nov 30, 2010
- Apple set to launch smaller, lighter iPod Nano - Sep 02, 2010
- Apple introduces new version of computer operating system - Jun 12, 2012
- Firmware Update To Offer Relief From "iPhone Death Grip" - Jun 27, 2010
- Apple's iCloud fetches deals with major record labels - Jun 03, 2011
- Chinese downloads 25 billionth app - Mar 06, 2012
- Apple's tablet announcement anxiously awaited by the world (watch Live commentary here) - Jan 28, 2010
- Facebook Used By 100 Million Apple Users! - Aug 24, 2010
- iPod nanos recalled fearing battery fire - Nov 17, 2011
- Milestones in a tech legend's journey - Oct 06, 2011
Tags: accelerometer, apple event, apple media, apple products, ceo of apple, christmas sales, computer songs, external speaker, external volume, hd television, iphone, itouch, macbook, massive success, music distributor, new version of itunes, sales period, television programmers, video playback, volume controls