Apple’s wwdc 2008 - Second generation iPhone hits the marketJune 9th, 2008 - 6:27 pm ICT by David M N James
Apple is to launch its second generation of its iphone device in San Francisco USA. According to the company’s chief executive Steve Jobs, Apple is being widely tipped to launch the iPhone 2 at the Apple World Wide Developers’ Conference. This is due to the availability for current models of the phone at all of Apple’s online stores and retail partners. The new iPhone is built with faster 3G wireless connectivity unlike the initial iPhone which got a lot of popularity for its innovative touch screen interface but was hated for its use of slow 2G mobile networks.
Apple has sold over five million iPhones since the iphone 2g inception hit the US in June last year. Projections this year reaffirm pundit’s speculations that Apple will sell 10m iPhones by the end of 2008 and 45 million units by the end of 2009 which will significantly increase its market share which currently is 20% of the market. Apple is poised to increase its global market share with the iPhone which is Apple latest innovation, much as it has done with the iPod.
Thousands of the pictures of the iphone2g have hit the web screen drawing millions of anticipating customers to web portals with snippets of this latest innovation. This will mark a new era in mobile phone handset makers like Nokia whose N70 series has been very popular, now with the Iphone 2 hitting the market, they have to rethink what next about the Iphone technology.
- YouTube launches iPhone app with advertisements - Sep 12, 2012
- Apple redesigns iPod touch, updates iPod nano - Sep 13, 2012
- Apple's iPhone 4S sales top four mn in three days - Oct 18, 2011
- Intel-powered smartphone, tablet to enter market in 2012 - Dec 22, 2011
- Started with borrowed money, Apple becomes world's No. 1 company - Aug 11, 2011
- The new iPod touch: practically a smartphone - Sep 19, 2010
- Apple co-founder Steve Jobs dead at 56 - Oct 06, 2011
- India's mobile handsets sales cross 50 mn in Jan-March - Jul 03, 2012
- Apple's market share growth pauses - Aug 15, 2012
- Chinese downloads 25 billionth app - Mar 06, 2012
- Apple iPhone 5 connector to make accessories obsolete - Jul 23, 2012
- Apple reports 30-45 percent growth in fiscal 2010 first quarter - Mar 10, 2010
- Apple set to launch smaller, lighter iPod Nano - Sep 02, 2010
- Apple doubles profit on solid iPhone sales - Apr 25, 2012
- Indian mobile handsets market grows 10 percent in 2011 - Mar 01, 2012