Amazon sells over one mn Kindles per weekDecember 16th, 2011 - 2:07 pm ICT by IANS
San Francisco, Dec 16 (IANS) US online retail giant Amazon announced Thursday that it has been selling over one million Kindle devices per week for the third week in a row.
According to the company’s press release, Kindle Fire, Amazon’s latest tablet computer, has been the No.1 bestselling product on Amazon.com since its launch 11 weeks ago.
The company noted Kindle Fire is the most successful product it has ever launched and is “building millions more to meet the high demand”, reported Xinhua.
Amazon issued the statement after Kindle Fire has been criticized by some consumers and product reviewers for performance issues, such as speed of web browser, poor scrolling, and lack of security as well as parent control.
Last Sunday, Amazon told the New York Times that it will release a software update for Kindle Fire in less than two weeks to address those issues.
Backed by Amazon’s content and commerce assets, the $199 Kindle Fire has been considered as one of the most promising candidates to shake the dominance of Apple’s iPad in the tablet market.
- Amazon sells over 4 mn Kindle devices in December - Dec 30, 2011
- Amazon sells 3.9 mn tablets in Q4 2011 - Feb 17, 2012
- Amazon launches 'Kindle Fire' for $199 - Sep 28, 2011
- Amazon introduces new Kindle e-reader, HD tablet - Sep 07, 2012
- US sues Apple over e-book price fixing scheme - Apr 12, 2012
- Microsoft's announcement, nothing to do with Barnes & Noble - Jun 19, 2012
- News Corp To Launch iPad Only Newspaper - Jan 13, 2011
- Apple tests smaller tablet with eight-inch screen - Feb 15, 2012
- iPad Sales Time To Improve Soon - Aug 29, 2010
- Apple's new iPad today to kick off tablet war - Mar 02, 2011
- New iPad sales top 3 mn: Apple - Mar 20, 2012
- Digital textbooks and e-readers all set to revolutionize education - Sep 17, 2010
- iPad newspaper all set to launch soon - Jan 11, 2011
- E-books outsell hardbacks on Amazon - Jul 21, 2010
- Amazon.com Presents 'Kindle' Worth $139 As Its Rivalry Against Apple Intensifies - Jul 30, 2010
Tags: assets, consumers, dominance, giant amazon, ipad, last sunday, launch, new york times, one million, performance issues, Press Release, product reviewers, promising candidates, retail giant, san francisco, software update, tablet computer, tablet market, web browser, xinhua