All Gujarat police stations to be networked by year-endMay 25th, 2009 - 5:28 pm ICT by IANS
Gandhinagar, May 25 (IANS) Senior police officers posted in various district headquarters in Gujarat would soon have access to all the crime data online without moving out of their offices or needing physical delivery of files from the police stations under their jurisdiction, officials said Monday.
The Gujarat government is in the process of developing a fully computerised “Integrated Total Solution Network” for the senior police officers which would be connected to all the police stations in the state.
The entire networking project for connecting the district headquarters and the police stations is expected to be completed by end-2009. The first trial run of the online process for accessing crime data was conducted successfully at Dabodha police station in Gandhinagar district last week, a senior state home department official said.
He said that the entire network of district headquarters and the police stations would be connected to the server of the state Data Centre alongwith the server of the State Crime Records Bureau for easy documentation of the crime records in the entire state. The office of the Director General of Police (DGP) and the senior officials of the Home Department would also have access to all the crime data fed everyday online from various district headquarters of the state.
The police database would have all the information required for active decision making by senior police officers in the state, he said.
The software for the project had been designed by the Tata Consultancy Services (TCS).
- Chidambaram launches BSF's intranet project - Jan 05, 2012
- Direct webcast of poll in Agra - Feb 19, 2012
- Arrests made in malware fraud case which infected millions of computers worldwide - Nov 10, 2011
- Online FIRs soon, says Chidambaram - Mar 21, 2012
- TCS inks Rs.94-crore deal to automate Karnataka treasury - Oct 18, 2011
- Delhi Police eyes high tech makeover - Jan 06, 2011
- Leakages to be plugged before food security implemented - Jun 10, 2012
- Intel chips to power servers for cloud computing - Jul 15, 2011
- Supreme Court stays Sanjiv Bhatt's trial (Lead) - Apr 20, 2012
- Police officer facing action moves Gujarat High Court (Lead) - Aug 11, 2011
- Gujarat riots: Top cop questioned - Mar 22, 2011
- Son of ex-cop, 2 women among 7 held for gangrape - Jul 06, 2012
- Another Gujarat police officer faces action - Aug 11, 2011
- Gujarat riots: Government issues notice to top cop - Feb 05, 2011
- Punjab to provide online access to land records - Feb 03, 2010
Tags: crime data, crime records, dgp, district headquarters, entire network, gujarat government, gujarat police, jurisdiction, networked, networking project, physical delivery, police database, police officers, police station, police stations, senior officials, state crime, tata consultancy services, tata consultancy services tcs, year end