Aligarh Muslim University teacher bags US fellowshipJune 12th, 2008 - 1:00 am ICT by IANS
Lucknow, June 11 (IANS) Aligarh Muslim University professor Zuber Ahmad has bagged the prestigious fellowship of the American College of Chest Physicians, a university official said Wednesday. Ahmad teaches in the department of tuberculosis and respiratory diseases. “Ahmad will be honoured at the Chest Conference 2008, to be held in October in Philadelphia, US,” AMU spokesperson Rahat Abrar told IANS by phone.
He said that the fellowship is given to physicians for their outstanding contribution to the field of respiratory medicine.
Ahmad, who heads the department, has been conducting research on treatment of lung cancer for the last few years, AMU officials said.
Ahmad has published about 75 research papers in various medical and scientific journals of international and national repute, officials added.
The physician would be presenting his research work on the treatment of bronchial asthma at the Chest Conference in the US.
- Rs.3 crore to Aligarh university for hockey turf - Oct 13, 2010
- Rs.3.90 cr for Aligarh university hocky-turf (Lead) - Oct 13, 2010
- AMU seeks help against radioactive source - Jul 05, 2010
- AMU professor wins prestigious UK fellowship - Aug 06, 2008
- AMU teacher receives Scientist of the Year Award-2009 - Dec 30, 2009
- Plea against Aligarh Muslim University centres dismissed - Oct 08, 2010
- Website with 'largest digitization work' launched at AMU - Apr 30, 2010
- AMU restores Hyderabad as centre for MBBS exam - Apr 30, 2010
- Asthmatic kids experience premature loss of lung function later in life - Jan 19, 2011
- AMU to start religious counselling for students - Mar 29, 2010
- AMU signs MoU with George Washington University - Feb 17, 2010
- AMU, Jakarta university to work closer together - Jun 11, 2011
- AMU, German experts to offer free treatment for cleft lip - May 31, 2010
- New therapeutic target for asthma, other lung disorders identified - Apr 18, 2011
- AMU ties up with Holland varsity for promoting research - Nov 10, 2009
Tags: ahmad, aligarh muslim university, american college of chest physicians, asthma, conducting research, lung cancer, national repute, philadelphia, prestigious fellowship, research papers, respiratory diseases, respiratory medicine, scientific journals, spokesperson, treatment of bronchial asthma, treatment of lung cancer, tuberculosis, university professor, university teacher, zuber