Aliens have been visiting Earth for decades: Canadian expertMay 3rd, 2010 - 9:37 am ICT by IANS
Toronto, May 3 (IANS) Accusing world famous astrophysicist Stephen Hawking of spreading misinformation about threats from aliens, former Canadian defence minister Paul Hellyer claimed Sunday that extraterrestrials have actually been visiting earth for decades.
Rather than harm mankind, he said, their (aliens’) spaceships have provided us information for triggering today’s microchip and IT revolution on our planet.
Hawking has recently warned humanity against contacting aliens. “If aliens visit us, the outcome would be much as when Columbus landed in America, which didn’t turn out well for the Native Americans,” the British astrophysicist has said.
According to Hawking, if human beings tried to contact aliens, they could invade us and take away our most important resources. “If they (aliens) wanted to use our solar system, for some super project, our complaints would be like an ant colony protesting the laying of a parking lot,” Hawking has said in a new documentary.
Hawking has also said that though most extraterrestrial life could be only in the form of small animals, but there could also be “nomads, looking to conquer and colonize” other planets. Taking issue with Hawking Sunday, the former Canadian defence minister, who himself is an expert on the subject and has has been speaking about aliens for years, said aliens have already visited earth and contributed to our technological advancement.
Hellyer told the Canadian Press that “the reality is that they (aliens) have been visiting earth for decades and probably millennia and have contributed considerably to our knowledge.” He said our computer screens have their origins in alien spaceships. “Microchips, for example, fiber-optics, they are just two of the many things that allegedly - and probably for real - came from crashed vehicles,” the Canadian said.
Blaming Hawking for scaring mankind about aliens, he said, “He (Hawking) is indulging in some pretty scary talk there that I would have hoped would not come from someone with such an established stature. “I think it is really sad that a scientist of his repute would contribute to what I would consider more misinformation about a vast and very important subject.”
- Close encounter with aliens possible this century - Jul 16, 2012
- Saturn moon may have aliens - Nov 24, 2011
- We are alone, aliens unlikely in the universe, says expert - Jan 24, 2011
- Could city lights help locate alien civilisations? - Nov 04, 2011
- Alien landings 'unlikely to upset modern Earthlings' - Jan 10, 2011
- Alien encounter may not be happy one: Nobel laureate - Aug 27, 2012
- Stephen Hawking's take on how aliens might really look - Jul 09, 2010
- UN to appoint Earth's first contact for aliens - Sep 26, 2010
- Alien Life could be discovered within the next 40 years - Sep 07, 2012
- Aliens exist but are yet to visit earth - Aug 31, 2010
- I've been to a spaceship where I met aliens: Russian politician - May 06, 2010
- Stephen Hawking Looks Into The Universe, And Declares There Are Aliens - Apr 26, 2010
- U.N. denies appointing Earth's 'first contact' for aliens - Sep 28, 2010
- Habitable planets more abundant than stars: study - Apr 30, 2012
- 'Humans must move to space within 200 yrs to survive', says Hawking - Aug 10, 2010
Tags: alien spaceships, aliens, ant colony, astrophysicist, canadian defence minister, canadian expert, computer screens, extraterrestrial life, fiber optics, important resources, microchip, microchips, millennia, misinformation, paul hellyer, small animals, solar system, stephen hawking, technological advancement, visiting earth