Airport Metro offers bouquet of mobile phone linksApril 30th, 2012 - 4:43 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, April 30 (IANS) Commuters travelling on the Delhi Metro’s Airport Express line managed by Reliance Infrastructure can now have uninterrupted mobile phone connectivity, a company official said here Monday.
“Reliance Infrastructure constantly works towards enhancing commuter comfort and convenience. A complete bouquet of Reliance Commmunication, Vodafone, Airtel, Idea and Aircel services will now be available at all the stations of the Airport Express line,” a Reliance Infrastructure spokesperson said.
According to the official, the Reliance Communications mobil phone services are already available on the airport line.
“Telecom carriers Vodafone, Airtel, Idea and Aircel have installed their base transceivers at all the stations of the line,” the spokesperson said.
The Airport Express line already offers Internet access to the commuters at its various stations through Wi-Fi networks.
Seamless mobile phone connectivity coupled with hi-speed Wi-fi access would add to the comfort of the commuters, the spokesperson added.
The high-speed airport metro line runs from the New Delhi railway station to Dwarka Sector 21, passing through Indira Gandhi International Airport’s Terminal-3.
- Airport Metro goes hi-tech with wi-fi connectivity - Jan 12, 2012
- Airport Metro opens postal service counter - Apr 26, 2012
- Delhi Tourism sets up kiosks at two Airport Metro stations - Mar 15, 2012
- Airport Metro starts cloak-room service - Feb 28, 2012
- Multi-level car parking for Airport Metro commuters - Feb 06, 2012
- Shanghai buses to have Wi-Fi - Jul 10, 2012
- Airport Metro feeder bus service from Wednesday - Sep 13, 2011
- Delhi University forms available at Airport Metro counter - Jun 09, 2012
- Delhi Metro's airport line extends its radio cab service - Jan 07, 2012
- Vodafone launches mobile wi-fi device - Mar 14, 2011
- Metro to start international flight check-ins - Feb 21, 2012
- Wireless broadband will be a game changer in India (Special) - Jun 13, 2010
- Airport Metro open to filmmakers - Oct 19, 2011
- 15,000 people daily travel on airport Metro - Sep 11, 2011
- Airport Metro line services suspended from Sunday - Jul 07, 2012
Tags: aircel, airport express, base transceivers, bouquet, commuters, delhi metro, dwarka, hi speed, indira gandhi, indira gandhi international airport, line telecom, metro line, mobil phone, New Delhi, railway station, reliance, spokesperson, telecom carriers, terminal 3, vodafone