Advanced electronics lab coming up in BangaloreJuly 20th, 2012 - 12:35 am ICT by IANS
Hyderabad, July 19 (IANS) The Jain Group of Institutions (JGI), a leading educational group and US-based Seer Akademi, a pioneer in engineering education and incubation, Thursday announced a joint venture agreement to form India’s most advanced electronics labs and incubation centers.
The first laboratory with an investment of $15 million is coming up in Bangalore.
Under the JV, the two companies plan to set up a satellite centre of the laboratory in Hyderabad. They also propose to establish 20 full-fledged centres across the country.
Srikant Jadcherla, chairman and CEO, Seer Akademi told reporters here that the laboratory was modelled after premier facilities like ITRI in Taiwan and IMEC in Belgium but adapted to the needs of Indian academia and industry.
He said they would have a tie-up with universities to offer to offer MS and PG diploma programs in electronics and computer engineering disciplines such as VLSI, embedded systems, telecommunications, solar PV, core computer science and advanced software engineering/information technology.
T.S. Sudhir, facilitator-techno entrepreneurship initiatives, JGI said there was a severe shortage of manpower in the field of electronics in the country at all levels. According to an estimate, India needs 2.8 million people by 2020 to meet the growing demand.
- JGI Ventures to groom entrepreneurs with Rs.500 crore fund - Apr 06, 2011
- JNTU, Synopsis to launch new software design programme - Jan 29, 2011
- Saudi youth get a feel of India's software power - Mar 28, 2012
- Samsung targets $100 mn revenue from B2B segment - Feb 05, 2011
- Kerala: Industry majors to support IT product start-ups village - Jul 23, 2012
- IGNOU to offer electronics, IT courses - Sep 22, 2011
- Technopark TBI empanelled as partner by TISS - Jan 17, 2012
- US team in India to discuss nuclear cooperation - Feb 07, 2011
- Jamia to introduce OMR application forms - Apr 13, 2011
- Indian electronic industry will need 2.8 mn professionals by 2020 - Aug 18, 2012
- Admission open for technical, management courses in Jamia - Jun 28, 2010
- Hyderabad to host VLSI design conference in January - Sep 27, 2011
- PE Sequoia plans $600 mn investment in India - Mar 15, 2011
- Thales, BEL to form joint venture radar company (Lead) - Aug 29, 2012
- Hitachi to build power control systems in India - Mar 23, 2012
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,