A stick-on film that protects phone users from radiationOctober 28th, 2010 - 12:37 pm ICT by IANS
Jerusalem, Oct 28 (IANS) An Israeli firm has invented a stick-on film that would protect cell phone users from the dangers of electromagnetic radiation emitted by the device, a media report said.
Wise Environment, makers of the Cell La Vie radiation protector, said applying a thin, clear stick-on film to both sides of the cell phone will stop 98 percent of the device’s radiation leakage, Xinhua reported citing the Israel21c website.
“Parents are driving their young kids to use cell phones, to keep in contact,” the company’s business development vice president Ronny Gorlicki said. “At the same time, they want to protect them from future problems.”
The new stick-on protective film, which costs $47, is said to redirect radiation emanating from the antenna away from the human body.
“The signal goes in all directions. We had to figure out how we can cover up the points where the radiation would penetrate the phone in the direction of the body while maintaining the quality of the transmission,” Gorlicki said.
The film is being distributed at iDigital’s Apple stores.
- Enviro chips to avoid harmful radiation from mobiles, PCs - Nov 19, 2011
- Enviro chips to avoid harmful radiation from mobiles, PCs (Lead, Correcting name in first para) - Nov 19, 2011
- No 'conclusive study' to link cellular tower radiation with cancer: Medical experts - May 22, 2012
- Japan's nuclear crisis could create serious health problems - Mar 18, 2011
- Cancer warning on cell phones? - Apr 22, 2010
- Mobile towers impacting biological systems of birds: Study - Oct 12, 2011
- Sticking plaster that zaps skin cancer - Jan 23, 2011
- Strawberry extract protects skin against UV rays - Aug 05, 2012
- Mobile Phone users threatened by hidden health hazards posed by cell phones? - Oct 10, 2010
- Cell phone exposure linked to bone weakening - Mar 25, 2011
- Mobile phone radiation poses health risks: Government panel - Feb 03, 2011
- Now, 'shield' yourself from harmful mobile radiation - Nov 04, 2010
- 'Perfect storm' from mobile use can cause planes to crash - Jan 19, 2011
- Checks on radiation emission by mobile phone towers from Nov 16 - Oct 30, 2010
- Fear of mobile tower radiation grips Delhi area - Jun 12, 2010
Tags: antenna, apple stores, business development, cell phone users, cell phones, dangers of electromagnetic radiation, development vice president, human body, israeli firm, jerusalem, parents, protective film, ronny, xinhua, young kids