A mobile phone that only makes calls, nothing elseNovember 16th, 2010 - 4:45 pm ICT by IANS
London, Nov 16 (IANS) If multi-function phones leave you dazed, here’s the answer — a mobile phone that just makes calls and does nothing else has been developed. No MP3, no apps and no, not even texts can be operated on it.
“John’s Phone” neither checks facebook nor follows Twitter feeds. It, however, has a battery life of three weeks and has a manual just one page long, the Sun reported Tuesday.
The phone’s address book is actually a pen and paper notepad that is tucked behind a flap on the back.
A little smaller than an iPhone, it is 10.5cm long. It is called the “anti-iPhone”.
Dutch advertising agency John Doe that created the phone are hoping that it will be a hit with buyers who are left confused by modern technology and youngsters who are buying their first phone.
Costing from 59 pounds in white up to 67 pounds in pink or green, the sole modern feature is the ability to assign ten speed-dial numbers.
“At a time when there is an abundance of choices and oppressive channels, we wanted to develop a simple gadget,” designer Diedriekje Bok was quoted as saying.
- Mobile that only makes calls may end baffled smartphone users' woes - Nov 16, 2010
- iPhone app translates three languages into English - Jul 10, 2012
- A vacuum cleaner that talks as it cleans - May 09, 2012
- New iPad app lets parents read stories to their kids - even if they are at work - Mar 23, 2011
- New iPhone app lets you spot skin cancer - Feb 05, 2011
- World's Simplest Mobile 'John's Phone' Only Makes Calls - Nov 16, 2010
- MiTube App Now Available For Gamers - Aug 05, 2010
- iPhone app tells you when to water your plants - May 20, 2012
- Now withdraw cash with your phone - Jun 13, 2012
- Chinese downloads 25 billionth app - Mar 06, 2012
- Now, download divorce advice using new iPhone app! - Apr 15, 2011
- Winston Churchill joins Facebook, Twitter from beyond the grave - Sep 18, 2010
- Apple Launches iPhone On Verizon, AT&T Retorts - Jan 12, 2011
- Now, an app that shows how you might look as a sumo wrestler! - Feb 05, 2011
- $8-mn iPad 2 features dinosaur bone - Jul 30, 2011
Tags: abundance, address book, advertising agency, apps, battery life, checks, choices, facebook, flap, gadget, iphone, john doe, london, mobile phone, modern technology, notepad, pen and paper, speed dial numbers, texts, youngsters