A billion cellphone users in China!April 20th, 2012 - 8:01 pm ICT by IANS
Beijing, April 20 (IANS) The number of cellular phone users in China has surpassed one-billion mark following an increase of over 32 million users in the first quarter of this year, the government said Friday.
The mobile phone users’ data released by the Ministry of Industry and Information Technology has reflected how Chinese nationals are increasingly relying on mobile phones as a primary method of communication, reported Xinhua.
The number of mobile phone users in China increased by 32.57 million to 1.02 billion in the first quarter of this year, reported the China Daily citing the ministry.
Of the mobile phone users, the number of subscribers to third-generation services expanded by 23.64 million to 152.06 million during the period. Meanwhile, fixed-line subscribers dropped by 1.08 million in the first three months.
- China has 1.06 bn mobile phone connections - Aug 28, 2012
- China has 952 mn mobile phone users - Oct 28, 2011
- China nearing billion-mark in mobile phone users - Aug 30, 2011
- China records over 1 billion cell phone users - Mar 30, 2012
- China has 900 mn mobile phone users - May 24, 2011
- China's telecommunication sector revenue up - Feb 07, 2012
- India adds 7.27 million GSM subscribers in May - Jun 21, 2012
- Chinese firm says its 3G subscribers top 36 mn - Dec 20, 2011
- China has 1.13 bn phone users by August - Sep 25, 2010
- India now has 858.4 million mobile phone subscribers - Sep 09, 2011
- China's 3G phone users exceed 100 mn - Oct 26, 2011
- Uninor leads India to 903.73 mn mobile subscribers - Mar 06, 2012
- India adds 8.44 mn GSM subscribers in January - Feb 24, 2012
- China to have 900 mn mobile phone users this year - Apr 27, 2011
- Bharti adds 2 mn subscribers in May, India total now 929 mn - Jul 05, 2012
Tags: cellphone users, cellular phone users, china beijing, china daily, chinese nationals, first quarter, first three months, generation services, information technology, line subscribers, method of communication, mobile phone users, mobile phones, one billion, third generation, xinhua