$35 tablet to be launched in October: SibalSeptember 28th, 2011 - 6:23 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Sep 28 (IANS) Communications and Information Technology minister Kapil Sibal Wednesday said the anticipated $35 (approx Rs.1,700) tablet would be made available to school students in the country by next month.
Speaking at an award ceremony held here by the Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU), Sibal said the tablet would be launched by October in a bid to let children go beyond the boundary of classroom and teachers to acquire knowledge through IT.
“Soon, a 35 dollar computer will be made available to every child in school. The tablet shall help enhance the quality of learning of children,” said Sibal.
Taking serious note of the quality of teachers in the education system, Sibal said one of the big initiatives in the 12th Five Year Plan would be to introduce national teacher education mission.
“It is only then that we would be able to get quality teaching and learning,” he said.
“A bill for ‘public service electronic delivery’ is also in the pipeline which within the next five years shall enable the online delivery of all your bills,” Sibal added.
- Improve quality of education: President (Lead) - Sep 05, 2012
- Improve quality of education: President (Second Lead) - Sep 05, 2012
- Sibal advocates higher pay for teachers (Lead) - May 29, 2012
- Improve quality of education: President on Teachers Day - Sep 05, 2012
- Sibal rebuffs talk of UPA-II policy paralysis - Jul 05, 2012
- IGNOU award for Azim Premji Foundation - Sep 28, 2011
- Rajya Sabha passes teachers' education council bill - Aug 25, 2011
- Another low cost tablet for students in the offing - Mar 01, 2012
- National body for controlling teachers largely welcomed - Sep 04, 2011
- Upgraded Aakash to be unveiled in May: Sibal - Apr 02, 2012
- IGNOU to have centre for the deaf - Oct 02, 2011
- Sibal underlines role of Govt. schools in implementing RTE - Sep 17, 2010
- Rajya Sabha passes bill to include disabled in RTE Act (Lead) - Apr 24, 2012
- 8 million children still out of school in RTE Act's first year (April 1 is the first anniversary of implementation of RTE Act) - Apr 01, 2011
- IGNOU-KVS sign MoU for teachers training - Mar 14, 2011
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,